troll
Participant
@troll

Hey all!

I always feel bad jumping onto a forum and immediately asking a question as my very first post. It somehow seems really noobyish. But I’m not a noob, and I actually have several other tattoos.

Back in December, on the 17th, my fiancé and I went to get our engagement/wedding ring tattoos. We had been planning for a while to get them on his birthday and went to several different shops to look around for an artist that had really nice, really crisp linework. We thought we found one and got our tattoos. They looked great at first – but now they’re… odd.

We both took super good care of our tattoos, but our artist tattooed too deeply. They took weeks to heal and scabbed like crazy. Now we both have these raised areas on our tattoos that hurt when too much pressure is applied to them. Out of curiosity I took a needle to one tonight and started scraping at it. I bled some ink.

What should we do in a situation like this? Why do we have “pockets of ink” after more than a month? The artist did a wrist piece for me as well and I’m having the same problem. (It’s even extra frustrating because there are all sorts of “stray lines” coming off the tattoo where she inked when she really, really shouldn’t have). Both my fiancé and I are perfectly healthy individuals, and I’ve never had a tattoo do this before. I even have another tattoo on my middle finger on my right hand that healed just fine, so I don’t think it’s a finger thing… especially since I’m having this issue on my wrist, too.

On a happier note, here are our tattoos:

EngagementRings.png

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Are these tattoos from a legit tattooist at a legit shop?

troll
Participant
@troll

Yes. She had her certificate and the shop has been around for a long time.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Huh! finger skin is pretty thin but I’m no expert on this. maybe have her take a look at it or have another tattooist look at it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.