jtdaltonsr
Participant
@jtdaltonsr

Ok I did not know where to post this thread, so here we go. New to tattoo forums, by the way my name is John, Im from Penhook, Va. I have been doing homemade tattoos for 12 years, and this past month my fiance wanted to surprise me and bought me a professional kit with 4 machines, 1 cutback liner, 1 normal liner, 2 shaders. The only problem is im used to homemade setups, I dont know how to tune my machines. The shops in this area are limited to 2 only, and they are VERY shady. No good work comes out of those places, so questions for them are a no no. Any ways, I dont know how to properly tune, proper volts, needle depth, how to hold the friggen machine. A 45 degree angle on lines? what about shading? nothing that I did on homemade setups is working. ANY INFO WILL BE GREATLY APRECIATED.

Adler
Participant
@adler

SCRATCHERS NOT WELCOME !!!
You’ve been tattooing for 12 years and can’t answer these questions yourself…do everyone a favor and throw everything out and seek a professional apprenticeship.

jtdaltonsr
Participant
@jtdaltonsr

Not the professional response i was looking for…i have been doing HOME MADE tattoos for 12 years, and just have a few questions. if you would have paid attention, the shops in my area are no good, if you dont know the answer, dont post please. ur just crowding up space for the people that KNOW what to say to these questions. any who, any PROFESSIONAL INCITE instead of saying get an aprentiship? Like i said, no can do right now,(only 2 shops and they are questionabley shady) and so what if im a scratcher, we all start somewhere. My work doesnt reflect me being a scratcher dude.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Believe it or not, some aspiring artists actually travel to a good shop for apprenticeship rather than just base everything on 2 local shops. Besides, I’m not sure if technical stuff is allowed here in the first place. I’ll stop there, good luck to you.

Post up some of your work if you don’t mind.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

If you’d read the rules you agreed to when creating your account, you’d have seen that this type of post is not allowed.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

A) Tattooing methodology questions like this aren’t allowed on this forum. Only in the professional area can these questions be asked, and you, my friend, aren’t qualified.

B) You’re a fucking scratcher. Scratchers spread disease, produce crappy artwork, and in general make the rest of us with ink look bad. You’re not welcome here. Go get yourself a real aprenticeship, make the sacrifices needed to become an artist, or sit down, shut up, and stop scratching.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

jtdaltonsr
Participant
@jtdaltonsr

Its funny…You call me a scratcher bc i said i did homemade tattoos…most of my work using just a toothbrush and motor would probably make ur work look shitty. just my 2 cents. thanks for the assumtions, and if any of u would have read my first sentence, i stated, I DONT KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS THREAD> so stop making urself look more professional than u are and just point me to the fucking right direction, hater. Not once have i ever got anyone infected, done “shitty” work or any other nonsense you tried to come up with within the 5 minutes it took u to post. I just have a different set up than what I am occustomed to, and JUST NEED SOME PRO ADVISE< not yours KnightHawk.. and thanks for the "support." I cant leave the state neither, i know thats what other people CAN do, but I CANNOT. that leaves me to this forum and to ask questions. By the way, what were u considered when u started out? a Scratcher like the rest of us. remember where u came from not where ur at bc u cant change where u came from, but u can change where u are.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Hey, dumbass, we’re not making ourselves look more professional. None of us who’ve spoken to you so far are professional artists. Virtually no one here is. We’re devotees, those who see tattooing for what it is: an artform, a community, an expression of who we are, a borderline spiritual experience.

Being an artist is something you earn, because tattooing is a serious buissness. You’re marking people for life, and if you do it incorrectly, you can ultimately kill them. The fact that you ever used a toothbrush and a motor tells us all we ever needed to know about you. You’re a greedy shit, someone who wants all the glory of being an artist, but wants none of the hard work or sacrifice.

And for the record, most tattoo artists don’t start out as scratchers. Most start out as aprentices. At the moment, I’m seeking an aprenticeship because I understand the value of doing it right, of paying your dues, so you can ensure you never put someone’s life at risk.

Justify yourself all you want. Your inability to travel doesn’t negate your responsibity, and it doesn’t change what you are: a worthless fucking scratcher who’s not even intelligent enough to string together a coherent sentence.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

jtdaltonsr: Not only are you rude and ignorant in your ‘profession’, but you are in clear violation of the rules of this forum.
http://www.thetattooforum.com/showpost.php?p=31751&postcount=1

Rules that you acknowledged that you would read and obey once you joined.

This thread is now closed, and any more unlicenced discussion from you will force me to ban you. Have a nice day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Tattoo setup’ is closed to new replies.