l0rraine
Participant
@l0rraine

Hello everyone! I am looking to get my 6th tattoo, and I have been to two different shops for the ones I already have.

I am not too picky about artists, and I reeeeeally want to get this tattoo before I leave for a trip, next week. I called one of the shops I have been to before and requested the artist I had work done by previously. He was not in the shop at the time to take the call and the person I spoke to didn’t know when he would be in next. He said he would have the artist call me back when the next time he is in, but I don’t know if that will be in time.

SO, my question is, would it be rude of me to call back and book an appointment with another artist in the shop that is available earlier? Or just do a walk-in? Like I said, I am not too picky about artists, especially since the tattoo I am looking to get is very simple and small. I’ve gone through all the artists’ portfolios from this shop and they are all awesome. I just don’t want to offend the original artist I asked for by booking with someone else.

What are your opinions on the situation? Booking with another tattoo shop is out of the question, because I do not drive and all other tattoo shops are atleast an hour away – the one I am talking about is within walking distance from where I live!

Let me know your experience with situations like this! Thanks!

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Just do a walk-in and if the tattooer you originally want is there get at it or try a new one! One of the most fun parts of getting lots of tattoos is going to different tattooers and tattoo shops.

l0rraine
Participant
@l0rraine
TooManyNotEnough;78145 wrote:
Just do a walk-in and if the tattooer you originally want is there get at it or try a new one! One of the most fun parts of getting lots of tattoos is going to different tattooers and tattoo shops.

That’s true, I would just feel like a jerk if i do get it done by another artist, and the original artist calls me back a few days later or something. But you’re right! Different artists = different styles = more fun ๐Ÿ™‚

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough
l0rraine;78149 wrote:
That’s true, I would just feel like a jerk if i do get it done by another artist, and the original artist calls me back a few days later or something. But you’re right! Different artists = different styles = more fun ๐Ÿ™‚

He may not even work there anymore hence why they don’t know when he’ll be back???

l0rraine
Participant
@l0rraine
TooManyNotEnough;78154 wrote:
He may not even work there anymore hence why they don’t know when he’ll be back???

He does, it had been almost a year since I have gone to that shop but I was checking out their website before calling and his name and portfolio were still up, they did hire some new artists but he is still there

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Yeah, go in then….

ArniVidar
@arnividar
l0rraine;78149 wrote:

So just get them to not call him when you go there. Cancellations are all part of the game. You’re not being a jerk if you never have him call you at all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.