erin.
Participant
@erin-2

I want to get a tattoo for my two sisters. I was thinking of getting a celtic symbol like the one below, but instead of just drawing lines, I want words to form the lines. I’ve been looking for a poem, but I want one that doesn’t obviously desribe a sister. Maybe a friend poem? I was also wondering if maybe there are certain flowers that represent sisterhood, I’d get them on my shoulderblade. Help please!

http://www.123celtic-irish-jewelry.com/mall/celticart/Symb13.gif

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’m not sure but I do know I’m not a big fan of word tattoos, unless they are few and accent an image. To me a poem would be too much writing and if you used words instead of lines like you mentioned I think it would look like a blob unless done pretty big. Maybe you can use something like flowers or symbols to represent the birth months or favorite hobbies or interests or something like that. Again, to me I always think a representative image rather than words, just seems more artistic and visually appealing.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

What about just having your names in stead of the lines? 🙂

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough
Adler;78125 wrote:
I’m not sure but I do know I’m not a big fan of word tattoos, unless they are few and accent an image. To me a poem would be too much writing and if you used words instead of lines like you mentioned I think it would look like a blob unless done pretty big. Maybe you can use something like flowers or symbols to represent the birth months or favorite hobbies or interests or something like that. Again, to me I always think a representative image rather than words, just seems more artistic and visually appealing.

I am a big fan of word tattoos though the above mentioned is really good advice and should be very useful for you especially the size part. Go with an image, flowers are always great, roses are timeless!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.