jacksonsoo
Participant
@jacksonsoo

I remember a number of years back when i was thinking of getting a tattoo but did not know what kind. A friend brought me to a parlor and the *&%$ tattoo artist tried to hard-sell me into getting just anything inked.

So if you’re a newbie and thinking of getting one, here’s something for you to ponder about.

#1 Find A Meaning For Your Tattoo
Don’t get one just for the sake of getting one, make sure it is meaningful to you so you would less likely regret it in the future. Here are some thinking points…

-Your values/beliefs
-Your idols
-A particularly memorable event / experience

that you want to remember.

After you’ve thought of a meaning for your tattoo, then go ahead and search the internet for the designs! Possibilities are endless, but make sure you think of a meaning first!

Fellow Tattoo Enthusiasts, if you have inked a random tattoo and have regretted the decision, do share it with us here! 😉

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

Um, I think this is a bunch of bull shit… your tattoos dont have to have any sort of meaning at all… some people do get tattoos because they have some sort of meaning to them, however an EXTREMELY large number of us get tattoos for the sake of the art of it.

I have a couple tattoos with no meaning whatsoever, I simply wanted the art to be on my skin. I saw this somewhere, not sure where, but there was something that said “some people like to hang art on their walls. I prefer to wear it on my skin”. or something to that effect. Tattoos in no way whatsoever need to have meaning. sometimes we just get something because we like it enough to have it on our person permanently.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

People get tattoos for many reasons and I don’t think one is better than another. The most important thing in my opinion is invest in a good tattoo from a good tattooer as it is for life. Don’t just let some hack go at it as there are too many super talented tattooers these days. As long as you can look at your own tattoo and be stoked on it that is what matters. Just ones thoughts….

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

This is just another scum bag spammer!
Look at the link.
Hmm a post on the importance of symolism that happens to have a link to an ebook on sybolism, I wonder spam or no?

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Damn, you got a good eye for spammers! Saw you posted some stuff on that other new forum as well. Hope you enjoy it!?!?!

jacksonsoo
Participant
@jacksonsoo

Yep – if you have questions or comments for me, feel free to drop them here. Some people have critical comments, others have questions, but I’m happy to receive them and learn from them nonetheless.

What i was trying to suggest was having a meaning for your first tattoo, if say you got no clue.
Of course personally i do have some tattoos that simply look nice and have no meanings to it at all whatsoever, but hey, that’s not where i started. 😉

Yellowbeard
Participant
@yellowbeard

Every day I see technically well-executed tattoos for which I can find not the faintest hint of meaning. I think in this day and age, I think we’re expected to believe that every tattoo should be a piece of high art with deep spiritual meaning for the wearer. I don’t necessarily agree. If a Harley logo, or a flaming skull, sacred heart, etc. floats your boat, and you’re willing to live with it in perpetuity, find a competent craftsman and have it applied.

My .02

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Now the OPs sig is a link to an empty blog about tattoo coverups!
Ban the spam monkeys!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.