kman
@

Hello,
This question is for all of the tattoo artists and tattoo shop owners on the forum.

I am in the process of setting up a web design service specifically for tattoo artists and shop owners who want to have their own website and I would really appreciate it if you could give me your opinion.

I would like to know what you think a fair price would be to charge for a website.
Originally I was thinking $1000-$1200 for a high quality designed 6 page website that would have your own content management system so that you could easily make basic updates to the site yourself.

Although, I am not exactly sure what the budget would be for a tattoo artist/shop owner. This might be too high of price. Although most web design companies probably would charge this price or more.

I would consider lowering my prices if I knew the average tattoo artist/shop owner could not afford this. Although I wouldn’t want to lower my prices too low if I couldn’t afford it.

So, I just wanted to get your honest opinion of how much money you could typically afford to spend for the marketing efforts of your business and if $1000-$1200 is too high of a price range for a website.

Before you answer I would just like to say in my opinion I think having your own website that is easy to find in the search engines (for keywords like tattoo, tattoo shop, tattoo studio, etc.) would be a very effective marketing tool to help you to get more clients.

They say 5 times more people use the internet when searching for a small business, such as a tattoo shop, than they do the yellow pages.

I think a website can also be a very effective tool to use to help you to keep in touch with your existing client base and to encourage your past customers to come back to you in the future.

Although I could be wrong, maybe it wouldn’t help to quite the degree as I think it would. I am not a tattoo artist myself and I don’t run a tattoo business so I can’t say anything with absolutely certainty. But for other types of businesses I know it has helped a whole lot.

So any feedback you could give me, in your honest opinion, would be greatly appreciated.
(i.e. How much can you realistically afford to spend?, and to what degree do you think a website could help to grow your business?)

Thanks

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Os please!

This is just silly. You have asked questions that need answers that are going to be different for every studio owner so how will any answers help you? Unless you only market your services to those people that reply to your post?

In addition your post seems to contain no links to sites that you have designed yourself, if you have spent any time here you should know that the first thing anyone should do when looking at buying any creative work is look at a portfolio.

You also decided to give every reader of your post a beginers leason in how web marketing works, are we all stupid on here? Maybe you think tattoo fans havent noticed the web oh hang on we are on a web based forum!

Anyhow good luck with you business and sorry if I have offended you in any way it wasnt my intention.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.