silviya_92
Participant
@silviya_92

i want to make a tatoo that means “faith”..but i can’t choose a language because i don’t want everybody to know want it means but to look good..can you suggest me something 🙂

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It really means by what you have faith in. If it is of a religious nature there are many animals, birds, and icons that would represent that.

If it is a humanist nature it could be an object or symbol. I have a friend who has a strong faith/belief that the universe is actually a giant cosmic clockwork bio-machine.

He has a biomech piece but really believes that we are just tiny cogs in a bigger machine.

Need a bit more info – if you don’t want to put on main board feel free to PM me and I will try and help.

Take care
Matthew

silviya_92
Participant
@silviya_92

i mean that if you have faith you can do anything…you can make your dreams come true only if have faith that it can happen..and i want to make it because everytime i see it to remember this 🙂 i hope you understand what i mean 🙂 thank you

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi.
Yes I see what you mean you are looking for a very positive image.

There is a huge amount of imagery depends on taste but have you considered any of the following;

Phoenix – rebirth and renewal no matter what the trails of the day are they born anew.

Charm bracelet style tattoos – each charm or totem represents an element of what you want to succeed in or believe is the key part of your success. They often have symbols for spirit, heart, love etc but in icons personal to you.

Runic style tattoos – not many can read them but there are a few that would mean strength, power, success.

I once saw one where a rainbow was smashing through a chained box forcing it open – to represent the fact nothing could keep the person contained.

There are the mirror/reflection style tattoos where you have 2 contrasting images eg a face with tears looking into a mirror with a happier image.

Hour glasses that have a symbol or picture of something that is important to you – time flows but you know you will succeed.

Birds – often used to denote belief or the idea that by flying above the problems you will rise and succeed.

Pocketwatch/timepiece tattoos where the numbers or face is filled with something that inspires you. Again a reminder of time but also hope.

There are tattoos that are shaped images but made from the words of sayings or prayers. These are very popular in the middle east where blessings are shaped from the words to form a shape of a heart, newborn baby or a dove as an example.

These are just a few to be going on with.

Take care
Matthew

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I can read some runic, so if you want that, I can always help you out. Runic is actually several different alphabets.
A bit of a variety when it comes to letters etc. But the letters are quite nice.

You could always just do hiroglyfs. If you find one that represents the same as you want?

Sherav had some awesome ideas 🙂

inkydream
Participant
@inkydream

it depends also on what tattoos you have already got. It must match to the others. Have you got any?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.