JalceW
@

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a four-cross symbol (http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/47/4712.html) tattooed on the area between the shoulder and chest (diagonally above the armpit). However, I am having some reservations about the area of the body that I have chosen, particularly with regard to possible stretching.

I doubt this particular area will change much with muscle or weight gain, but I notice that it stretches and moves a lot with certain arm movements (for instance, raising the arm, placing it behind one’s back etc). Will skin stretching in this area as a result of everyday movements be enough to stretch, deform or otherwise damage a tattoo? (Bear in mind that the design I have chosen is a symmetrical shape, so it will be more vulnerable to distortion than the fluid ‘tribal’ lines that I have seen on many shoulder/chest tattoos.) So far almost all the information on possible distortion of tattoos that I have seen relates to stretching by weight or muscle gain, so any answers on this will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Body movement may distort the image as the area flexes or twists with the body movement but this is not permanent damage.

The skin is very stretchy (under normal body movement) and can withstand a lot of strain before it damages.

Take care
Matthew

mamajess
Participant
@mamajess

I have a nautical star that I got 2 years ago in that same spot. No stretching or anything weird and I am uhhh… stacked to put it nicely. It still looks completely normal.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
mamajess;76269 wrote:
I have a nautical star that I got 2 years ago in that same spot. No stretching or anything weird and I am uhhh… stacked to put it nicely. It still looks completely normal.

LOL- I think we need some pics to show what you are talking about.

OP- Listen to Shreav, he’s a cool dude.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.