jameschump
Participant
@jameschump

Hello,

I would like to get a tattoo that I have been wanting to get for the past 15 years or so. It would be my first tattoo, I have put a tremendous amount of thought in what and where I would like to have it done. I even know who I would feel comfortable doing it for me. My question is: the image I have in mind is not the greatest of quality, it is an image from an old movie from the ’80s (Platoon). I have had a difficult time finding a good image better than what I have found and was wondering if anyone has a good suggestion of how I could go about finding one. I have attached the best image I could find containing the silhouette that I want.

Thanks,

Jim

platoon.jpg

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Are you looking to get “the” Platoon image or a platoon-like image?

jameschump
Participant
@jameschump
Gsouder;75823 wrote:
Are you looking to get “the” Platoon image or a platoon-like image?

I would say “the” Platoon image if I could, just because (not to get too personal) but that particular part of the movie has significant meaning to me. And just to make sure I was clear, I meant the image of the guy, not the text or anything.

Thanks very much,

Jim

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

You all take a good look at this lump of shit. Remember what it looks like. You fuck up in a firefight… and I goddamn guarantee you a trip out of the bush – in a body bag! Out here, assholes, you keep your shit wired tight at all times! And that goes for you, shit-for-brains. You don’t sleep on no fuckin’ ambush! And the next sum’bitch I catch coppin Z’s in the bush, I’m personally gonna take an interest in seein’ him suffer. I shit you not. Doc, tag him and bag him! -SGT. Barnes

Love that flick.

Work with your artist, he should be able to give you exactly what you want.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/movies/pages/platoon.shtml
http://moniqueblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/movie-poster-platoon1.jpg

These are pretty decent pictures? Just take a collection of pictures to your artist, and it should be okay 🙂
If you really want to work for it, you can always check Ebay, good movie shops, or even the studio that made the actually movie itself, and see if you can get your hands on a poster from the movie.(Which I’m pretty sure had that picture on them)
They should be big enough :p

And yeah, awesome movie.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.