poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Hey guys! I’ve been away for a while, but now I’m back again.

So, I’m getting a new tattoo done on Monday. I’m getting a mexican gypsy on my back, with some nice purple and pink orchids. The gypsy itself will be a Sylvia Ji design, the flowers are mine.

The thing is, I’m not really known with the mexican culture and traditions. I know what it symbolises, of course.
But I just don’t wanna do something, that will be offensive or “wrong” according to the culture.
My tattoo will be more in a realistic style, rather than old school.

So I just figured I’d ask; Anything in particular I should think about or consider before having it done?
And if anyone has some great ideas their sitting on, I’d love to hear them!

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Do you possibly have a picture of the gypsy?

As far as the flowers, I don’t think those would have been my first choice for a mexican inspired tattoo just because orchids are not mexican flowers lol However, keep in mind that it is your tattoo and you can add anything you want to it.

If you can post a picture of the gypsy I can tell you if it would be a good idea or bad idea, as I am mexican and am familiar with the culture. If I don’t know, I know people I can ask lol

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I decided not to do the flowers ๐Ÿ™‚

I have actually had the tattoo done already, but thanks anyway ๐Ÿ™‚
And luckily for me, my tattoo artist himself turned out to be extremely well known with the symbol and the culture ๐Ÿ™‚

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Well awesome! Glad you found someone who knew the culture and stuff!

Now on another note … um, PICTURES??? :p ;);) lmao

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.