elle903
Participant
@elle903

I got this tattoo on my foot on Saturday 4 days ago and these 2 flowers are healing differently than the others. I am concerned that it is infected or healing improperly. It is very scabby to the touch. I have been putting Lubriderm unscented lotion on it about 4-5 times a day and taking very good care of it by not having any clothes rub it and trying to stay off my feet. I also took this in macro on my camera so that probably makes it look worse but it is still weird looking in person. I am wondering what went wrong if it got overworked? Any help would be appreciated!!!

IMG_1069.jpg

elle903
Participant
@elle903

I got this tattoo on my foot on Saturday 4 days ago and these 2 flowers are healing differently than the others. I am concerned that it is infected or healing improperly. It is very scabby to the touch. I have been putting Lubriderm unscented lotion on it about 4-5 times a day and taking very good care of it by not having any clothes rub it and trying to stay off my feet. I also took this in macro on my camera so that probably makes it look worse but it is still weird looking in person. I am wondering what went wrong if it got overworked? Any help would be appreciated!!!

IMG_1069.jpg

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Whoa, definately looks over worked. Stop with the lotion and allow it to dry and scab over. If you think it is infected GO SEE A DOCTOR.
Feet have a soft thin skin and tend to get overworked eaisly.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
elle903;75588 wrote:

IMG_1069.jpg

Scabs are apart of the normal healing process. This could be a sign and indication that your artist was rough and simply went deep with the needle and what not. Whatever you do, don’t pick the scabs. Picking will pull the ink out of your skin and cause severe scaring. Mine healed like yours and when I got out of the shower, the scabs peeled off so I had to re-touch my tat. Now I have scars but just be careful and keep treating your tat.

I used Lubriderm as well and it worked very well, but that was AFTER I used a different product during the healing/scabbing process. I used more of a Aquaphor the first couple days, no scabbing and when the access ink appeared to be over with, then I lathered the Lubriderm. The Lubriderm probably didn’t moisturize your tattoo as well as an Aquaphor would have and the scabbing occurred from that. You will be fine though, keep doing what your doing and keep it moisturized.

Remember, NO PICKING!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.