SirxScotland
Participant
@sirxscotland

Hello, I’ve finally decided on what i want my first tattoo to be, However I’m unsure if the design i’ve chosen would be difficult to “put to skin”. The image i have is the Kanji symbol for “love” replicated and tweaked on Photoshop

This is it here:
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3245/11787712.png

Any information about wether or not it would be possible to get it as close to that as possible will be muchly appreciated.

Alex
ArniVidar
@arnividar

It’s Kanji.

Everybody has Kanji.

Why would it be difficult to get that on your skin?

SirxScotland
Participant
@sirxscotland

I meant, Would it be easy to get it close to that image? Shading wise…

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Ah!

There’s really very little shading in that picture… are you sure you want it THAT way?
I can’t see why it couldn’t be doable, but it won’t make it look any better. It’ll still be crap IMO.

SirxScotland
Participant
@sirxscotland

Well, Thanks for nothing but a shitload of ignorance, Cunt. Enjoy your life.
Do me a favour, ban my IP and delete my account. I’ll find information elsewhere from now on.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Love you too bro.

How is me thinking it’ll look like crap ignorance? It’s my opinion, and as such can neither be intelligent or ignorant. It just is.

As for banning your IP and deleting your account, I see no reason for doing that. You joined of your own volition and you can leave of your own volition if you so choose. But perhaps you should wait and see what others think before going off on a tantrum?

Fact: Your picture has VERY little contrast in it. The red is very dark, and this makes the transition to black all the less impressive. The whole thing is lifeless and bland.

Opinion: You specifically say you want “to get it as close to that as possible”, and I’m warning you that this would be a mistake. This is not “shading”, either, nor does it give the symbol any form of three-dimensional look, which I’m guessing is what you were going for. Most Kanji is crap, and your rendition of it makes this no less crappy. You might as well stick with the pure red, for all the different your ‘shading’ does to it.

Fact: That being said, there ARE good Kanji tats out there, some of which utilize shading with great results.

Opinion: Yours will not be one of them.

Have a great day sir.

Zephyr KL
Participant
@zephyr-kl

1. So many people have oriental symbols on their body, why not get something more original?

2. It would be no problem to get that exact shading done, but why would you want it exactly like that? Get your artist to do up something designed for skin, not an internet image.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

kanji is lame and unoriginal. no way to make it “your own,” no way to make it unique… especially the symbol for love. really?

that being said, most tattoo enthusiasts dislike kanji for those reasons.

you get something that is overdone, be ready to take some nasty comments on it. plain and simple.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Wow, lots of sensitive newbies here recently. If you ask for an opinion and you don’t like what you hear which brings you calling one of our mods the C-word you aren’t meant to be here anyway.

You know that symbol means “short tempered dick” in Kanji, right?

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
Gsouder;75487 wrote:
Wow, lots of sensitive newbies here recently.

Seriously, right :confused:

Probably because most of them are still kids, right out of high school or something, and just aren’t quite mature enough to handle life yet. Sounds about right to me.

Either that or they’ve got a bad case of herpasyphilitus complex. It comes from birth in some, others get it from bad ink. It happens. Fortunately, there is a cure. I sell it for $500, and it is well worth it. You take advice from people, 2-3 times daily, and in a few years you end up not having something you regret. Its great stuff. You can PM me for details if you want some. I have a plentiful supply here at the clinic.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx
Gsouder;75487 wrote:
Wow, lots of sensitive newbies here recently. If you ask for an opinion and you don’t like what you hear which brings you calling one of our mods the C-word you aren’t meant to be here anyway.

You know that symbol means “short tempered dick” in Kanji, right?

You fuckin guys kill me! The guy was asking if the image would be able to be put to skin, not what you thought of it.
Arni, you chastized me for this same move.
I tend to agree with you guys, but the answer to his question is YES it can be done on your skin just like the image.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
xxTOPDOGxx;75498 wrote:
You fuckin guys kill me! The guy was asking if the image would be able to be put to skin, not what you thought of it.
I tend to agree with you guys, but the answer to his question is YES it can be done on your skin just like the image.

it CAN…. but why would you want that on your skin?? what a waste of canvas AND money.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
xxTOPDOGxx;75498 wrote:

Besides, it was the OP’s response to Arni’s opinion that we are reacting to. Calling someone the C-word is uncalled for, regardless of Arni’s opinion.

Anyway, I think he’s long gone. If the OP wants this tat he should probably go to an artist and ask his question because there is no love for Kanji on this site.

SirxScotland
Participant
@sirxscotland

I Apologize for how I reacted, It’s just the symbol means alot more to me than just a symbol I seen and liked, I met my wife at a japanese class, So it has meaning to both of us in that aspect. I know Kanji is over-used and easy to replicate, and the design was of her choosing. But my question has been answered. So I thank all that stuck to the topic.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.