onthejazz
Participant
@onthejazz

I’m now thinking of getting my second tattoo done,I really would like a phoenix on my left shoulder but I’ve just had a koi done on my right one about a month ago. What I need to know is do they go together or is it a silly idea, I wanted to have tattoos that tie together and look good I’m new to all this and really don’t know much about this area. any imput would be great many thanks

alexxturner
Participant
@alexxturner

They would go together because they’re both in the japanese theme, but really it’s all what you do with the design and such.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I concur. If they were interacting with each other it would matter more but since they are far apart I’m not sure it does. Someone with a little more Japanese knowledge should step in though- I know the Koi is in transition to be a dragon and the dragon/tiger thing. I don’t know how the Phoenix thing ties in, I always thought the phoenix was a native american thing but I don’t know anything for sure.

alexxturner
Participant
@alexxturner
Gsouder;72967 wrote:
I concur. If they were interacting with each other it would matter more but since they are far apart I’m not sure it does. Someone with a little more Japanese knowledge should step in though- I know the Koi is in transition to be a dragon and the dragon/tiger thing. I don’t know how the Phoenix thing ties in, I always thought the phoenix was a native american thing but I don’t know anything for sure.

Phoenix’ are greek mythological birds but people class them as japanese when it comes to tattoos for some reason.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

my subject matter for my tattoos are all over the place. my feeling is the same as with gsouder. if they arent interacting with each other somehow, then subject matter is not relevant. i have japanese theme, bio gears and “where the wild things are” tattoos all over my body.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.