JJL
@

Hi there.

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place, or if this isn’t what these forums are for. I figured I’d turn to people who might have the experience to set me on the right track.

I’ve wanted a tattoo for quite a while now, but found myself absolutely incapable of deciding on something prevalent enough in my life to be tattooed on my body. So I figured, if it wasn’t obvious to me, I shouldn’t be getting the tattoo. I’d rather avoid those regrets.

However, after a lot of thinking, I know what I’d like. I’ve decided on a general idea; one that I feel has defined much of who I am, and has gotten me to where I am now. That idea is a struggle and subsequent release of anger.

All my life, I’ve battled to change my negative perception of people. To become a normal social animal and accept others for who and what they are; and though I’ve got a long way to go, I definitely feel I’ve improved. I’ve moved to a new town and met a lot of great people. It’s a fresh start in a big way!

So my question to you- if you’re willing to help- is what should I get? Are there any symbols, phrases, icons, etc. relating to letting go of anger? The absence of hate? A struggle with hatred?

I think I’d like a black and white shoulder piece, and any information would help. This will be my first (and likely only) tattoo.

Thanks guys. 🙂

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I think you should get an armor clad frog riding a unicorn on a greyscale rainbow that’s popping out of david bowies hair.

In all seriousness, only you can come up with this. We can’t tell you what imagery means to you. I think you have it right, if you can’t even come up with a concept you are probably not ready to get a serious tattoo yet. You need to go through whatever process you go through to find out what you should get. Once you have that start then you should come back and let us know what you are thinking about so we can help you with it.

For now, based on what I know about you, I think the unicorn would be PERFECT.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.