Chiquitita
Participant
@chiquitita

Hi everybody!

I got this tattoo about a year ago. As you can see the tattoo is very simple and I would like to improve it a little bit. Maybe some shading, swirls, colours….or add more stars…? I need some ideas 🙂
Thanks.

Here is the picture:

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, personally I don’t think more stars would be ‘adding to it’. IMO it would look just the same.. only more of it 🙂

What do you like? Personally I’d maybe add some flowers, swirls and colors, and thus make it perhaps 2-3x bigger.

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee

IMO, if you add flowers, it may look strange to have flowers and stars in the same place….unless you find a flower that is star shaped.

Although I do like the simplicity of it. too much can sometimes be just too much.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
looney bin escapee;72400 wrote:
it may look strange to have flowers and stars in the same place….unless you find a flower that is star shaped.

Hmm…. agreed.

What about just going the other route. Rainbow Brite and Care Bears…. rainbows and sparkling shooting starts.. all cute and fluffy and cartoony and colorful.

Chiquitita
Participant
@chiquitita

Rainbow is a cool idea, I like it. I think stars and rainbow would be nice, but maybe some people might take it that I’m gay, right? 🙁

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Chiquitita;72520 wrote:
Rainbow is a cool idea, I like it. I think stars and rainbow would be nice, but maybe some people might take it that I’m gay, right? 🙁

1.) A rainbow on you does not mean you are gay.
2.) Is something wrong with people thinking you are gay? If you care so much about what others think, you might want to consider not being tattooed. 🙂

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

what about adding some wind bars like the background of japanese tats with the moon and some clouds? that could turn out really cool too

Chiquitita
Participant
@chiquitita
ArniVidar;72522 wrote:
1.) A rainbow on you does not mean you are gay.
2.) Is something wrong with people thinking you are gay? If you care so much about what others think, you might want to consider not being tattooed. 🙂

Sure, rainbow itself doesn’t mean that I’m gay I know…but still, it’s often used as a symbol of gay people, especially stars + rainbow, like here: https://outsidethelines.biz/pridetats.html

I have nothing against gay people of course, I just don’t belong among them…

DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip
Chiquitita;72543 wrote:
Sure, rainbow itself doesn’t mean that I’m gay I know…but still, it’s often used as a symbol of gay people, especially stars + rainbow, like here: https://outsidethelines.biz/pridetats.html

I have nothing against gay people of course, I just don’t belong among them…

Sorry missus, that last statement sounds very ignorant and rude. You aint going to catch anything from being “among” gay people.

The rainbow flag has been adopted by the gay community the world over to represent acceptance. But if you do some research, you’ll find a whole host of these flags with various colours that symbolize different things. If you do not want to be associated with all things gay, then you can always base you rainbow on say the Sth American flag, that has 7 colours in as opposed to the gay 6.

And for the record, i’m not gay but some of best friends are. I just get fed up of hearing the same silly comments and remarks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.