InkGirl
Participant
@inkgirl

So I’m looking to get my first tattoo.. on my side/hip flowing onto lower back.

I want a funky musical stave with the words ‘Ama la musica’ written through it.

I have emailed my desired tattoo parlour telling them what I want and that I am open to their ideas and have been asked exactly how many notes I want, how high I want the lettering… basically asking me to design it.

Is this how it usually works, cos to be honest, I havent a scooby doo how many notes I want, how high I want the letters etc. I just want them to design me something unique and special with the information I have given.

What do you reckon, is this the normal procedure when contacting a tattoo parlour?

this is somewhere I am having to travel 3 hours to get to by the way, so theres no chance of a meeting beforehand really.

x

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

They are probably just trying to get your very specific idea outta your head. Without a chance of meeting, they want to get as close to your thought as possible to save time later when your sitting in the chair. The closer they can get it, the more you will like it.
Who are you going to and whre are they located? Are they a custom shop or a flash shop?

By the way, normal procedure is to walk in the door and talk to the person who will be marking you for life.

I doubt they will email you a design that you can discuss in fear that you would have someone else do it, but you could ask.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
InkGirl;71788 wrote:
So I’m looking to get my first tattoo.. on my side/hip flowing onto lower back.

I want a funky musical stave with the words ‘Ama la musica’ written through it.

I have emailed my desired tattoo parlour telling them what I want and that I am open to their ideas and have been asked exactly how many notes I want, how high I want the lettering… basically asking me to design it.

Is this how it usually works, cos to be honest, I havent a scooby doo how many notes I want, how high I want the letters etc. I just want them to design me something unique and special with the information I have given.

What do you reckon, is this the normal procedure when contacting a tattoo parlour?

this is somewhere I am having to travel 3 hours to get to by the way, so theres no chance of a meeting beforehand really.

x

I have a few thoughts on this:

1) you use of Scooby Doo was boarder line genius.
2) in my experience an artist will take your idea and run with it where a tattoo guy will ask for a picture and then photo copy it on to your body. Depending on what you want, you may want to reconsider your choice of people.
3)if you are serious about getting the tattoo you want you should not be unwilling to travel 3 hours or more to “interview” the artist. This is going to be a huge piece that will be with you for the rest of your life. If you can’t commit the time to finding the right artist you will end up settling on your artist, your design and the quality of your work.
4)I don’t have a 4 that’s on topic so I’ll just tell you this: The largest number of children born to one woman is recorded at 69. From 1725-1765, a Russian peasant woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets.

InkGirl
Participant
@inkgirl

Yeh, but thats the thing, I don’t really have a specific idea in my head, just the kind of style, which I have already emailed. I am totally happy for them to come up with something.

it’s tribe in edinburgh, which Ive been told are pretty shit hot.

I don’t want them to email me a design.. I want to walk in that day and see what they have come up with.. seeing the artists work, Im sure it will be fab and have every confidence.

to GSouder.

1: I am a genius, fact.:p
2: I am hoping my ‘artist’ will come up with something and I will love it. It’s not just a ‘tattoo guy’ from what I’ve seen.
3: I am not unwilling. I just have two young children and a distinct lack of childcare.
4: Interesting.

x

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

It should work like that, yes.
the more information they can get out of you, the more you will agree with the design work. Custom designs are to your specefications, not the artist’s. It is a collaboration. Panic if they ask you t help INK the design.:eek:

WonderInk6
@

They probably want to get more of your opinion because some people aren’t as open minded as you and would be upset with the results. Maybe you should go in there and sit down with the artist while they draw it out so both of you are more comfortable
**Link removed**

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.