FiveStarSky
Participant
@fivestarsky

hey everyone, I have a pinkish-skin tone cross on my left wrist,

I like the color, but its not quite as solid looking as I had hoped, I have an appointment on the 30th (of august) and I’ve been trying to decide on going over it one more time (for the 3rd time) with the pink color, or go a dark blue/navy color, or black.only thing i’m concerned about the darker colors is that they would stand out alot, and i like the subtle look of the pink.

There is a small white tattoo underneath the pink

Any advice, opinions are welcome, just be nice.

CIMG0991.jpg
(its still fresh in this pic, so its still scabby near the bottom)

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl

Persoanlly, I would wait till it’s healed good and proper, and decide what to do only after this has happened.

If after then, it’s not as you want it, then pop back and get it a shade or three darker, more red than pink this time, afterall, the colour will diminish slightly during healing.

FiveStarSky
Participant
@fivestarsky

oh no sorry, its already healed up, lemme find a more up to date pic.

untitled.jpg
kinda blurry but it works.

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl

Are you happy with it as is?

FiveStarSky
Participant
@fivestarsky

as far as the size, and over all design i like it, i just would like to see the edges more crisp and a more constant solid-ability

my tattoo lady said a darker color would fix both of those problems.
my artist is really nice, and she will continue to work on a peice until you are fully happy with it with no extra charge (but i tip of course)

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl
FiveStarSky;70922 wrote:
as far as the size, and over all design i like it, i just would like to see the edges more crisp and a more constant solid-ability

my tattoo lady said a darker color would fix both of those problems.

Then why not try a more red based pink on your next visit….

FiveStarSky
Participant
@fivestarsky

do you happen to have any pictures of the color? i know a guy who has a pinkish/red tattoo and the color is not ‘red’ almost like a really bad sunburn color, but do you think that will blend well with the existing color i have now? this would be the 4th time i’ve gone over it, and am starting to worry about scar tissue building up or something like that (first tattoo, so dont know too much about how all that works)

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl
FiveStarSky;70925 wrote:
do you happen to have any pictures of the color? i know a guy who has a pinkish/red tattoo and the color is not ‘red’ almost like a really bad sunburn color, but do you think that will blend well with the existing color i have now? this would be the 4th time i’ve gone over it, and am starting to worry about scar tissue building up or something like that (first tattoo, so dont know too much about how all that works)

I would suggest you choose a shade that your happy with, there are hundreds of shades of red/pink kicking about…Google Images.:D

I would also speak to your tattoist, as she’ll be far more knowledgeable in coloring pieces time and time again.

FiveStarSky
Participant
@fivestarsky

the colors i’ve been thinking of are solid black, a dark blue, or a more reddish pink color like stated above.

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

How about using a shadow effect on it so it looks like its slightly raised off your wrist you can use a deeper shade of the pink on one side and a small shadow on the other that may help the color to stand out as well as give it some depth maybe.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

I would leave it as it is, it will be easier to cover.

FiveStarSky
Participant
@fivestarsky

the 3dish ones are cool but not for me, i prefer clean and simple

I’ve been looking at some red tattoos, and i’m starting to really like the idea of red over black or blue, cuz its not as captian obvious as black or blue

And the red is a bit more subtle than black or blue (which i like) and i’ll get my next tattoo in the same color, but i wanna get this one where i’m happy with it first.

i dont want a super bright cherry red, but more a subtle red

here are some photos that i found where its just solid red, and i kinda like it.
I never wear red though, but i dont think that will be a big deal.

p445665078_large.jpg
biohazzard_large.jpg
Image0180_large.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.