erose86
Participant
@erose86

Hello everyone!

I’m new to the forum, and while I usually lurk forums before diving in, I have a burning question to ask… so I apologize ahead of time if this is a no-no type question, or… just… an annoying one, in general.

For the past 2 years or so, I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo… one minute I’m *convinced* I want it, and then the next I’m indifferent. The one time I decided “You know what? I’m going to do it!”… I tried to “captured” what I wanted, but it didn’t work out so well, so the tattoo never happened…

You’re going to laugh at me… it’s lame… that’s okay.

I have a cat… he’s like my child… seriously… I don’t like human kids *at all*… but this cat is my substitute for the child I am never going to have.

I wanted a tattoo of Robin’s paw print on my thigh… not a mock-up drawing… not a generic paw print… HIS *actual* paw print. I knew he was going to pass away some day… he’s a cat… I won’t have him forever… but I wanted something from him to keep with me forever…

Well, today, I found out my 5 year old baby, probably has a malignant nasal tumor (it will be confirmed or re-diagnosed when the x-rays come back from the radiologist on Monday…). I now feel a sudden urgency to make this happen, because I don’t know how much longer my baby will be here with me… maybe 2 months… maybe 5 more years… I just don’t know.

Now here’s my issue… HOW in the hell do I get a detailed print of his paw???? A year and a half ago (or so), I attempted to get a print using non-toxic, black paint (I couldn’t find ink at Wal-mart… go figure… and I didn’t go to college close enough to an Art shop or craft store, haha)… but it was too thick and didn’t leave any detail… it just looked like a little blob on the page. Before I do another attempt… *will* an ink pad work? Is there a better approach? Does anyone have any experience with getting or giving a tattoo of an animal’s *actual* paw print, that can give me some insight?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

dannyboy
Participant
@dannyboy

Im thinking maybe try charcoal but im no expert……

erose86
Participant
@erose86

Charcoal like what artists use?

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I think an ink pad would probably work.
You can but a non-toxic one at a craft store near you for fairly inexpensive, I would think.

And sorry your cat is ill.

ljfran2383
Participant
@ljfran2383

Maybe somthing using a scanner could work.

erose86
Participant
@erose86
gnarly;70160 wrote:
And sorry your cat is ill.

Thanks

ljfran2383;70162 wrote:
Maybe somthing using a scanner could work.

Thank you for both of your suggestions. I’m not sure he’ll stil still long enough for me to be able to scan his foot, haha… he’ll see the light and try to catch it, I’m sure of it. ๐Ÿ˜€ Maybe I’ll make an attempt of trying to find non-toxic ink then.

amanaman11
Participant
@amanaman11

if you get a big piece of paperlike from a craft store and a light non toxic chalk powder you can dust the cats paws and let him naturally walk across the paper… almost like when u go to your car and you see cat prints across the hood

erose86
Participant
@erose86
amanaman11;70223 wrote:
if you get a big piece of paperlike from a craft store and a light non toxic chalk powder you can dust the cats paws and let him naturally walk across the paper… almost like when u go to your car and you see cat prints across the hood

Yeah, but wouldn’t that rub off the paper fairly easily and be hard for the tattoo artist to trace? I mean… I don’t know *anything* about this stuff… but that’s just what I would assume would happen with chalk.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If you use artist’s charcoal for instance, you can get something called a ‘fixer’, (which is basically just vary thin hairspray) which puts a clear protective coating over whatever it is you’re trying to preserve. That might work.

But I’d just use normal stamping ink, like us humans use when we give our fingerprints. Just take care to clean it real quick before he goes on to walk all over your furniture ๐Ÿ™‚

erose86
Participant
@erose86
ArniVidar;70262 wrote:
If you use artist’s charcoal for instance, you can get something called a ‘fixer’, (which is basically just vary thin hairspray) which puts a clear protective coating over whatever it is you’re trying to preserve. That might work.

But I’d just use normal stamping ink, like us humans use when we give our fingerprints. Just take care to clean it real quick before he goes on to walk all over your furniture ๐Ÿ™‚

Got it! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Crypto
Participant
@crypto

that helps indeed, i always do that to pretect my drawings when i have to sent them for my studie.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.