blackcanary
Participant
@blackcanary

hey all im new here! so basicly when i got my first tattoo it seemed to heal really well! after the first three days it was looking perfect but then it started to get dry and flakey and peel. after the peeling stopped i put some light lotion cause i was told that it shouldnt be saturated because its practicly done healing. i would put a thicker lotion when i would go out and be unable to apply cream consistently to my tattoo. all was good. NOW i notice that my tattoo has gone back to being flakey and dry and i think it might even be a scab. when i touch my tattoo its pretty close to my skin but i can kind of feel wear the tattoo is and where my real skin is however its soft and not hard. so what should i do? i heard some where online that i should leave it alone and not put any lotion on it till the scab dries up completely. but i wanted to confirm if this was the right course of action.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

How old is your tattoo now? Can you post a picture?

You should always apply moisturizer – a thin layer 3-4 times a day while its healing & 1-2 a day after its healed. You’re right, it shouldn’t be saturated with lotion, but it shouldn’t be dry either.

blackcanary
Participant
@blackcanary

its been nine days now. heres a picture http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww18/elektrikkiss/TAT.jpg

SEE HOW ITS SO WRINKLY?:(:(

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

That doesn’t look abnormal to me.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

perfectly normal. the avg time it takes a tattoo to completely heal is about a month.

blackcanary
Participant
@blackcanary

thankyou all

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.