skank
@

My tat has been hurting for months now. It’s about a year old. The thick lines in the tat are raised I guess because they were done heavy handed-ly. Has anyone else experienced pain this long after a tat was done? Does anyone have a good idea of why it could be hurting?

I suspect it is because of the deepness of the lines. Has anyone heard of deep tattooing causing long term pain?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Skank

The symptoms sound like you have inflamed scar tissue below the skin where the pigment is trapped. It is possible you are having a reaction to the metal content of the pigment.

Try anit-inflammatories and if that does not help I would suggest seeing a dermatologist as may need to laser that tattoo off.

Take Care
Matthew

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Silly question but what has the weather been like?
Heavy black line and sunshine sounds like a sure way to get burns to me?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Sherav;69412 wrote:
Hi Skank

The symptoms sound like you have inflamed scar tissue below the skin where the pigment is trapped. It is possible you are having a reaction to the metal content of the pigment.

Try anit-inflammatories and if that does not help I would suggest seeing a dermatologist as may need to laser that tattoo off.

Take Care
Matthew

Abut once a year my tat’s “flare up”- they get raised and a little itchy. It last for about a week and then goes away. It’s almost always during the summer when temps start hitting 100+. This has been going on for 10 years and I have had no other problems so I just let it go.

That said, if you are worried go see a dermatologist. In my experience, most doctors only see the negative of tattoos and are quick to suggest that they are the reasons for health issues so just be aware of that if you go in.

chriswest
Participant
@chriswest
Gsouder;69481 wrote:
Abut once a year my tat’s “flare up”- they get raised and a little itchy. It last for about a week and then goes away. It’s almost always during the summer when temps start hitting 100+. This has been going on for 10 years and I have had no other problems so I just let it go.

That said, if you are worried go see a dermatologist. In my experience, most doctors only see the negative of tattoos and are quick to suggest that they are the reasons for health issues so just be aware of that if you go in.

Word up! i got an allergic reaction on my first tat and the doctor almost look’d pissed and mad, all he did was complaining about tattoo’s ending in me getting no help lol, ordered a new one and the doctor was tattooed him self and said the tattoo motive looked great and afterwords he said that it was not a problem only a allergic reaction.. gave me a cream and i used it for a week, worked really nice!

ArniVidar
@arnividar
chriswest;69798 wrote:
ordered a new one and the doctor was tattooed him self and said the tattoo motive looked great and afterwords he said that it was not a problem only a allergic reaction

I guess the lesson there is that one should try to get appointments with dermatologists with ink, in order to get good service 🙂

“Yes, hello. I’d like an appointment with a doctor please.”
“Sure thing sir, any particular one?”
“Yes, a tattooed one!”
“:eek: umh…”

:p

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.