chrisfromateeth
Participant
@chrisfromateeth

(I did use the search function but found nothing about this. Sorry if this has been posted before.)

Hi! I got my lip pierced back in February by a very experienced woman in a very sanitary, comfortable shop. I did my research and I still feel that I’ve made the right choice. However, she is no longer with the shop and I cannot contact her, so I’m hoping I can turn to you fine people for help.

I did sea salt soaks for a couple months after getting pierced, and it seemed to be healing well. However, I noticed there was a hard bump on the outside of the piercing hole, around the ring. Of course, at first I thought this was full of pus and tried ‘popping’ it, only to irritate it and make it worse. I’m confident that it’s not infected, as it doesn’t hurt and isn’t red at all.

I Googled (yay for Google!) and I found out that it may just be hypertrophic scarring. I read that one of the treatments is to soak an aspirin tablet in warm water and hold it to the bump. I tried this for the past couple of days and it seems to actually be working! The scarring is definitely going disappearing and the piercing is starting to look normal. I just wanted to check to see if this is a common method, or if there’s anything else I should be doing.

Thanks a lot!

SugarSpice_x
Participant
@sugarspice_x

I’ve heard of it before, and I think that if it’s working for you then go ahead 🙂

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hey

Looking at the glossary of Bizarre’s body art magazine, it says hypertrophic scarring can happen around piercing holes, and they do look like pimples.

Advice is: don’t squeeze, apply compresses/tea tree oil and if practical take the piercing out.

I agree with sugar&spice though – if it’s reducing,you’re probably on to a good treatment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.