lexical
@

Hello, everyone. I’m new to this forum, so I hope that this is in the right place…I don’t currently have any tattoos, but I have been wanting one for a long time. I’ve been waiting for the right time in my life and an idea that just felt right.

This past October, my best friend died in a car accident. I miss her so much and think of her every day. We were both writers and artists and I would like to get a text tattoo of a part of my favorite poem she wrote. The lines are as follows:

“grasping for dried excuses
hung on clotheslines”

“and like wilted roses
hang you upside down to dry”

I would like to get them done in a simple typewriter sort of font, but I’m having some trouble with choosing where to put them. I’m going to school to become a therapist, so I need to be able to wear somewhat professional clothing and have the tattoo (or tattoos?) hidden or at least discreet. I’d also like to place it somewhere where I can easily see it and/or show it to others and be reminded of her often. I’m currently considering putting two lines on the top of each foot, but then they’ll show when wearing nice shoes or high heels…

Placement needs to be:

-Somewhere hidden/discreet
-Somewhere easily accessible
-Somewhere I can see it without a mirror

Please help? Where would you suggest I put them? I know there are obviously somewhat limited options, but I’m just having trouble with deciding what to do and could use some inspiration and suggestions from knowledgeable people such as yourselves!

Also, does anyone have an idea of how much a simple text tattoo like this might cost?

Thank you soooo, so much.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Two lines of small text will probably cost the shop minimum, or close to it. It’s not difficult, and should not take a long time.

I would suggest in the inside of your bicep, which is easily covered with short sleeves or a cardigan, or perhaps your side.
I like the idea of having one line on each foot though.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

What a lovely tribute to your friend.

I just got my tattoo on the inside heel/ankle of my right foot. When I wear trainers or flat shoes, you can’t see it, but when I wear heels, bits of it can just be glimpsed. I love it.

I would say have the lines along your foot, just above the sole, if you want it to be hideable than mine. Easily coverable, but easily showable with shoes. You could have one along the outside of a foot, and on the inside of another. It’s easier to hide than across the top of the foot. But, bear in mind you can’t have it too low down on the foot or the skin quality means you might not be able to keep the ink properly

Or you could always do along the base of your ribcage. You’d always be able to see it, but other people wouldnt 🙂

Poesy

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The problem with hand and feet tattoos is that they naturally endure the most skin replacement, and because of that those tattoos fade much quicker and need more work to keep them nice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.