baddbodydouble
Participant
@baddbodydouble

My boss said it would come out crappy becuase it’s almost like a sketch… If the artists knows what they’re doing then it should be all good right? I want it so bad, but I don’t want it to be shitty.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/imogen%20heap/sammfaith/imogen.jpg?o=347

dannyboy
Participant
@dannyboy

i think that could turn out a really cool tattoo, but your artist should let u know weather its possible

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Here is some constructive criticism.

If you do go for this image as a tattoo you are going to have to make the outlines really bold and dark and turn it into an abstract piece.

Due to the lack of detail it will not translate well into a portrait piece and will have an unfinished look if you insist on a straight copy.

This can be avoided by adding more detail and shadowing or making it a bold abstract piece.

Take Care
Matthew

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I agree with your boss, it’s not going to look good.

BUT, like Sherav already mentioned, you can make modifications to it and it might turn out to be really neat.

baddbodydouble
Participant
@baddbodydouble

Okay so I tried to filter it a bit in photoshop, this is much better yes?

imogen.jpg

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

What you have here will not translate very well. You need to make a choice between three options:

Option 1: You would like portrait style detailed tattoo of a beautiful woman and you will be open to your artist drawing it out for you using this image as a suggestions

Option 2: You can go really abstract with this and work with the lines to make it a work of art. If you go this route, you will need a very creative artist who can turn this into something that will look amazing on skin. It will probably be more of the IDEA of what you have here but it could turn out really cool

Option 3: You can get this, as is, on your body and have a strange looking out of focus man with long hair/woman with a migraine that will be cool to you because it’s on your body (maybe) but secretly you’d be saying to yourself “why didn’t I listen to those guys on the tattoo forums”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.