intimate
Participant
@intimate

Hello fellas,

i am think of getting a new tattoo.. I found a good design for myself. however few of my friends says its kinda hard to tattoo this.

here is the design :

http://himansud.deviantart.com/art/Art-Combined-100408943

you can click on the pix to see it bigger.

So my question, is this picture hard to do as a tattoo and what would it cost me ?

thanks

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

ok, heres how stuff like that works… it would be hard to do anywhere unless you make it a HUGE piece, probably on your back or covering your whole side. otherwise it is going to be near impossible to fit all those tiny music notes and details into the art. basically, if you look at the size of the pic you posted, that size is impossible FOR SURE. blown up 2 or 3 times that size, then you might have something workable, but some of the little stuff would still have to be left out or it will turn into blobs.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

I think its doable. You may need to enlarge a bit but not 3x. You may want to find an artist that specializes in fine line work and get thier opinion.
Most here won’t give you a price, but you can figure $80-120/hr and your looking at 2-3 hrs depending on size.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I may be in a bad mood today or this might just be the second dumb assed thread I have looked at!!

WTF? Is this difficult? No its 2 minutes work for an apprentice!

How much would it cost? $2 if you dont mind my 12 year old son having a go and $10,000 if you want Kat Van what ever to ask you if you love it.

Please please people think before you post dumb questions.

Rant over off to lie in a cool doark room for a minute

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Cornishtiger;67948 wrote:
I may be in a bad mood today or this might just be the second dumb assed thread I have looked at!!

WTF? Is this difficult? No its 2 minutes work for an apprentice!

How much would it cost? $2 if you dont mind my 12 year old son having a go and $10,000 if you want Kat Van what ever to ask you if you love it.

Please please people think before you post dumb questions.

Rant over off to lie in a cool doark room for a minute

HAHAHAHAHA that’s awesome. I hope you are feeling better…

TheDodge
Participant
@thedodge

Asking about cost is like asking “how long is a piece of string?”. As said earlier, cost depends on how much the artist you choose charges.

As for can it be done?

I suppose yes but any artist (or any dumb ink bearer) will tell you that with all that black detail those music notes will look horrible at a distance and quite cool up close. The problem is time, even fine work will spread as you get older and your skin becomes “loose”.

Better to re-design and make the black mass in the middle less “busy”, you will still have the main idea but just not so much ink so close together. In other words, simplify the design.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi
Even on a full backpiece the drawing as it is will simply not translate easily into a good tattoo for the reasons given – the closeness of the notes and the explosion would mean that the fine details would with age start to lose definition.

That said you can get basis of that design into a tattoo as small as your plam if you are willing to massively simplify the drawing.

You could have the body done and get 2-3 notes tearing out of his chest with less or no explosion – a simple wet rent exposing a cavity bleeding some music would work just as well.

If you want more detail you are going to have to go much bigger and even then sacrifice a certain amount of detail.

Cost wise if you are looking at small piece $200-$300 around 3-4 hours.

A backpiece will set you back $3000+ and will be 30-40 hours really depends what you want.

Just bear in mind that simple abstract concepts can pack as much weight as a busy colourful tattoo.

Take Care
Matthew

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i think everyone has summed it up for you…… 🙂

the cost of the piece will vary upon which artist you go to… and some people will add extra cash on top just to put you off.
i tried outpricing some tribal because i dont like doing it….. but they agreed on it “Dohhhh”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.