bjeffro
@

hello,
I am currently travelling round Australia and before I return home I really want to get a Traditional Aboriginal tatto, but I want it done by a traditional method and not by machine. I know they do such tattoos in Thailand (bamboo technique I think i have been told) and I’m aware that the aboriginals have had tattoos for centuries so I assuming they must of used some similar method as is done in Thailand.

Could anyone give me information on the name of the technique used and where I could get it done I would be forever greatful, I want to leave thi fantastic journey with something really memorable on me.

Kindest Thanks
Bjeffro

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

They tend to do more scarification and then push in the pigment (if any is used at all) to create the swirl or dot effect.

Tools used can be any sharp object really from wooden or bone combs to sharpened sticks or razor blades.

However many use modern tattoo techniques.

I spoke with an Australian colleague and they suggested visiting the Yorta Yorta (sp?) tribe in Victoria to enquire about traditional tattooing – they are supposed to be quite friendly.

Hope that helps.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.