Juicedup2k9
Participant
@juicedup2k9

Ok I have a full sleeve of tribal, I have had 3 different artists work on it and with each going back over the others work and then adding on. My problem is I have about 45hrs in it and the whole thing is only about a year old and still in process, for some reason it will be dark and beautiful right after it has been worked on but after it is healed up for a while the black is not so black anymore, its like my body doesnt hold black ink good. Anybody else have issues with black or any other color, I will post a few pics, we also have to shade on it several times to get it to fill in all the way!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Can’t tell much from the photos but… How much is the color fading? The tattoo is drilled down into the deeper layers of your skin. When it’s first done it’s going to be deep, wet black all shiny and beautiful. As it heals, layers of skin grow over it so it’s kind of like a filter on top of the tattoo.

You are also pretty tan which adds color to the filters. It might just be the natural way for the ink to settle in.

What does your artist say? The style isn’t my taste but the work looks good, btw!

Juicedup2k9
Participant
@juicedup2k9

I am trying to attach some pics!

img00129201004272122.jpg

Juicedup2k9
Participant
@juicedup2k9

img00135201004272124.jpg

You can see where we added onto it and the 2nd piece is transparent.

Juicedup2k9
Participant
@juicedup2k9

img00134201004272124.jpg

fa3d3
Participant
@fa3d3

i can se your problem,

i would recommend for you to go see either the tattoing artist, og a doctor.

The tattoing artist maby know’s a way to deal make you’r tat great, and the doctor know’s why the color won’t stay 😀

I wish you luck

Best regards
Frederik

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

If I were you I would RUN not walk to find a new artist ( and I use the term Artist lightly). The lines, transitions, and color are all off. Just because a guy has his own Tattoo Machine does not make him an artist. It looks to me that this tat can still be saved, but you need to find a professional. Tribal Tats (not my fav) should flow smooth and have sharp edges and be a balance of symitry and kaos. Tribal designs are far more complex than most people understand and are very difficult to piece together. Chances are a reputable artist can make the color (or absence of color-black) stick.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Totally agree with the above shockingly poor work.

Get a new artist and I bet you get ink that sticks.

X-pressive
Participant
@x-pressive

Have to agree, totally inexperienced tattooing there. Unfortunately, all your attempts to get a solid fill has resulted in more scar tissue. The pix show how uneven the black ink has been applied. Hell of alot of holidays in it.
Go and demand your money back, and or SUE the fuckin pants off em man. Thats appalling.
Get a real artist to fix it. Sorry to see that on you mate.

Apes
Participant
@apes

I find people who have the same ‘issue’ as you need to keep their work covered for MUCH longer. I recomend 7 days. clean in the morning add your normal ointment, and then again in the eve. keeping it covered with clingfilm… blah blah blah. stay out of the sun. and the pool.

Nice guns btw, you made this girl very happy.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

What is the deal with the UK artists and thier “clingfilm”? Do you not realize that clingfilm used to cover fresh tattoos is a bad idea. When you use it, it keeps the wound from getting air and breeds bacteria. I believe that the only time your tat should be covered is on the drive home and then it should be covered with a form of bandage. The plasma that oozes from a fresh tattoo should be absorbed in a bandage. How will this guys tat come out better by keeping it sealed in cling for 7 days? I think it will slow the healing process and possibly cause an infection.

Please read the following safety advisory:

The use of plastic wrap to cover fresh tattoos may have gotten it’s start at biker events. I can remember first seeing it used in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s. Newly tattooed people were peeling off their bandages to show their bro’s their new ink and untrained tattooers came up with the ‘see through’ idea of plastic wrap. No need to peel that bandage back anymore. Blood wasn’t much of an issue in those days. Unfortunately some of our uneducated brethren have failed to see the dangers today and have continued this error-filled practice.
What’s the Problem?
The problem is that plastic wrap creates an occlusive seal meaning that no air gets in and no air gets out. This keeps all of the body fluids pooling on the skin surface. That surface builds up body temperatures to nearly 103 degrees which is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Your new tattoo has just been turned into a petri-dish for bacterial growth. Nice, huh?

That pooling of body fluids–all liquids must go somewhere and that is to the bottom of the plastic wrap. Body fluids leak out and run down the body where people will brush against other people or surfaces thus creating a multi-contaminated field. And putting a piece of paper towel at the bottom does nothing to stop the oozing and temperature buildup.

Care to Rub on Someone’s Body Fluids?
I recently visited a neighboring studio and witnessed a plastic wrapped client sitting in their waiting room with body fluids running down his arm into the fabric sofa. Talk about a contaminated field! Ugh! If such an unfortunate individual enters our studio we ask them politely to leave, as we don’t want their body fluids on our chairs, racks, counters or floors. I also give them a copy of this article to take back to the tattooers who obviously aren’t educated in blood borne pathogens.

It’s Not Only Gross, It May be Illegal
Most state tattoo regulations such as ours here in Hawaii specifically state the appropriate type of dressing to use. Hawaii Department of Health Regulation 11-17-10-H “the entire area covered with a piece of sterile dressing and secured with proper adhesive”. It’s even one of the questions on our tattoo licensing test!

Not only is the use of plastic wrap illegal in most regulated states but it is a cheap insult to a client who deserves a better start with their new tattoo. What price is proper bandaging? How do you put a dollar sign on contamination prevention?

Use of plastic wrap is forbidden in many quality tattoo conventions. National Tattoo Association and the Alliance of Professional Tattooists have outlawed its use in their shows. It’s time that all convention promoters educate themselves and make this ban an industry-wide policy.

Protect Yourself
Before you, as a client, get your next tattoo, observe the practices in your chosen studio. If plastic wrap bandaging is one of them, seek another tattooer who cares to educate themselves on proper procedure. Think – if they don’t have bandaging correct, what other errors in procedure are they committing?

Peggy Sucher
Skin Deep Tattoo Waikiki
Security Director, National Tattoo Assn
Member, Alliance of Professional Tattooists

Apes
Participant
@apes
xxTOPDOGxx;67731 wrote:
What is the deal with the UK artists and thier “clingfilm”? Do you not realize that clingfilm used to cover fresh tattoos is a bad idea. When you use it, it keeps the wound from getting air and breeds bacteria. I believe that the only time your tat should be covered is on the drive home and then it should be covered with a form of bandage. The plasma that oozes from a fresh tattoo should be absorbed in a bandage. How will this guys tat come out better by keeping it sealed in cling for 7 days? I think it will slow the healing process and possibly cause an infection.
[/I]

You missed out the part in that copying and pasting prosses of googling ‘tattoo aftercare advice’ Its at the discression of the Artist. Working in the business I can tell you wet healing (as would heal faster/better when wet) Works far better then dryed. skin dose not form a scab therefore the ink wont flake out of the skin.
Thats just my 2p.

With all things tattoo it is a partnership between the artist and client. artist gived advice on best care. its up to the client to follow. not just. I’ll take it off in two hours and not clean and cream it. It happens but when shit hits fans its the artists fault.

From experience wet healing is better. Thats what I was taught thats how I treat my own tattoos and they are still black to this day.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I have to agree with TOPDOG, seven days of cling film sounds like it might not be the best idea. While, yes the tattoo aftercare one follows should be at discretion of the artist, but every artist should be up to date with practices most conducive to a healthy healing process, and from what I gather, many reputable artists advise to take of the wrap after about an hour or so, and then replace with a gauze bandage.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Apes, I never said that a cling wrapped tattoo would not heal and turn out fine, the risk is in infection. I did copy this from the INET but the first time I read it, it was in Inked Magazine.
Everyone else out there should take note that ANY artist out there will not have any type of medical training (other than maybe Blood Born Pathogen class) and should not be giving out medical advice. If you feel that your tat is not healing properly, see a doctor.
I don’t think the issue in this guys black is from healing at all, just substandard work and as I mentioned before, it can be fixed.

TylerMFnBanks
Participant
@tylermfnbanks

Talk to an artist… that what everyone says right? well i didnt look at alot of the pics but if its not to crazy and solid tribal you can throw colors pics and all kinds of shit behind it where it isnt filled in. idk if youve ever watched dog the bounty hunter but that dudes son had sum tribal the last time i watched it like ayear ago and i watched it like a week ago and now its pretty sick watch the show or try and find sum pics of it i think youll like it. tribals hard to work with but it can be done

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.