chelebelle7
Participant
@chelebelle7

I am thinking of getting a tattoo on my Rib Cage or Lower Back , but I cant decide if this should be two seperate tats or one all together . At the same time I dont want it to be HUGE ( because I have several other tats I want to get down the road =)
I am unsure of the exact wording/ phrasing . It is an extremely personal and emotional tattoo and I want it to be perfect . Here’s the phrase / quotes I put together :

Out of suffering
have emerged
the strongest souls

( ART would between the 2 quotes – it would be the Phoenix that is my profile pic )

Our scars remind us
that the past is real
and now
the hurt is over

I am thinking I want it more personal something like “out of suffering has emerged the strongest soul ” or “Out of suffering emerges the strongest soul or emerges a stronger soul ….a more individual reference

Any suggestions would be great ! This is my first post , so I hope I did this right !!

archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

I like the idea of the phoenix on the ribcage instead of on the back. Since the quotes are so personal, I would suggest making the decision on your own instead of asking people you don’t know. just my opinion

chelebelle7
Participant
@chelebelle7

I am definitely gettin it and ultimately will make my own decision.. I guess I am just trying to work out what sounds best grammatically , I dont think it loses its meaning either way , but I cant seem to decide right now what I like best …so – I will wait and when I know , then that will be the right time to get it done =) Thanks for the feedback !

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

If you can stand the pain I would suggest a rib piece for a phoenix because then you can always wrap further round into a backpiece at a later date or leave it as a stand alone piece.

As for the quotes you could always combine them.

EG The scars of our past have tempered the strongest souls, reminding us that this hurt shall too pass.

They are all good but never hurts to sit and try combinations but you will know yourself which best suits.

Take care
Matthew

chelebelle7
Participant
@chelebelle7

Thanks so much ! I am leaning towards the rib cage too and great idea about wrapping around some to work into a back piece . I hadnt thought of that !

bodyart
Participant
@bodyart

I also say you should use the words that you feel most connected with. I like both

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.