DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

Hello,

I have a couple of tribal style all black tattoo’s and they are all good, healed (well one is healing as i have recently had it reinked as it was looking its 12 years!) and i am in cahoots with my tattooist on my next one.

I want it in the same block tribal style as my others, but i want to have it done in reds, oranges and accents of yellow just because of what it’ll be (but i cant say as it’s a secret LOL!!!)

I have heard and read stories of people having allergic reactions to these colours in particular- is there any founding in this or is it a case of some people are just randomly allergic? I’ve not had chance to speak to my tattooist with this question yet, and while i could phone him i’m seeing him in a couple of weeks for another brainstorming on our design (cant wait!!!) so i figured i ask you knowledgeable peeps!

Thanks in advance 😀

Love to all xx

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Personally, I know they’re a hassle to heal. It looks like it’s scarred, the skin is raised and continually flakes. Eventually (in my experience) it turns normal, but it takes a long time (over a month)

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It depends on the individual but red is the main culprit for reactions. I had a stack of red in mine and found that it was a slow healing (took 5-6 weeks) and flaked a lot. It also itched a lot more. In contrast to some mine was mild I have seen red toxicity reactions in a serious way.

I found the same with orange but that took about 4 weeks to heal.

However I have met many who have had no issue with either. I think it is a mixture of your physiology and the pigment.

If you click on my sig there is a bit that tells you which ingredients to avoid at all costs. Pro artists use quality inks which keeps the reaction to a minimum but they cannot guarantee no reaction at all.

On balance you should be able to cope with it just be very choosy with the artist.

Take Care
Matthew

DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

Thanks Sherav and Joker.

You’re blog is very interesting Sherav. Lost my morning reading!

The design i want will be running across my back (tops of shoulders and across) so would be over a large- ish area, so am a tad worried if it has a high chance of being raised and lumpy.

My others have all healed very well, with minimal flaking and itching, so i’m hoping i’ll just be a good healer! The one i have just had reinked (as it was showing it’s years!) is healing well and has hardly itched (famous last words…)

I guess at the end of the day, forewarned is forearmed and i want it done in these colours so i guess i’m going to suffer for my art, at least for a few weeks more than usual!!! Is there anything i can do extra to help the healing in this situation?

Love to all xx

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Main thing I found is that the itching can be relived by cold packs on them – ice in a towel or soak a towel put in freezer (flat) and then just lay over the area.

Green tea is said to help flush the body of toxins and helps the tattoo fever some get in first 48 hrs.

I also really recommend keeping body fluids esp saliva human or animal away from the tattooed area. Not that should be a major issue but they are seriously germ infested.

Keep us posted and I am sure you will be fine and glad you enjoyed the blog.

Take Care
Matthew

DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

Cheers Sherav.

I’ll keep you posted and when its eventually done i’ll post pics. I am waiting til i stop flaking this tme and i’ll post pics of my existing ones. That is if i figured how to photograph my back…. 😀

Love to all xx

mikey_ink
Participant
@mikey_ink

On my tattoo I too have noticed that although the black is pretty much healed up, the red is still a ways off apparently as it is still flaking and a bit itchy. It’s been about two weeks now since it was done.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.