morriscode
@

There’s a lot of black ink here and I suppose I’m rather naive when it comes to cover ups and what’s possible. I don’t really dislike the tattoo, I’d just really like to cover it with a half sleeve, with a bright colors, blue, orange yellows reds, blacks…

3ef3ecd1-1.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It is possible to cover the tattoo but you may need a few hits with laser unless you go really deep reds and purples etc. It really depends on what you are getting done.

Otherwise the black will come through the tattoo. That said I have seen heavier ink covered nicely.

It is not a bad tattoo can you not reshade some colour into it and add a sleeve or half sleeve around it?

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i quite like it, just add some colour to it and build your sleeve around it .
its rather different to most tattoos in a good way ๐Ÿ™‚

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Keep it. Freshen it up a bit and add to it

alanw58
Participant
@alanw58

I agree – it’s a bit “square” (as in “angular” rather than “conformist”!!) so I would expand it & soften the lines. Colour it up & add some other things to the roots & branches. It could expand into all sorts of things. Have a look at “Mind Mapping” – you could do lots with it ๐Ÿ™‚

AMWord
Participant
@amword

I like this tatt!
BUT.. If you want it covered, remember… It has to be 50% bigger than the original. and you gotta go darker than the tatt itself. You may need to cover it with a “busy” tattoo. IE: Koi fish/dragon—the scales help distort the image under it. basically you need a tattoo that makes a distraction.
In order to do this, it has to be lasered a few times. Upsides and downsides. Downsides: Its expensive and you have to be patient. Upsides: Black ink is the EASIEST to remove. The lasers recognize and attack dark colors before light colors. Also, another thing… after a few sessions of laser, keep in mind that the artiist covering it can go over the tatt a few times with white ink, it helps to lighten and fade the tattoo making it suitable for a better cover-up.

Anyways, it’s up to you. think about it. Take your time. I say the best option would be for you to freshen up the original and mix it with a sleeve. If you don’t hate it, laser and cover ups won’t be worth the headache and price. Maybe add some things or touch it up to turn your like for the tattoo into a love and make it flow with a sleeve.

My suggestion, but your choice and what you love/want. ๐Ÿ™‚

AMWord
Participant
@amword

Also! I meant sleeve as in— Pant leg? ๐Ÿ˜›

So there is no confusion..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.