muddled
@

Hello all! I’m new here. I have no idea where to ask this and I want to be pretty sure of what I want before going to a tattoo shop, so I want to see if this sea turtle tattoo is feasable – it’ll mainly has browns and blues:

Sea_Turtle_by_ursus327.jpg

^ That’s not the tattoo I’m getting but it’s the colors are pretty much along the lines of what I’m thinking of. I like turtles. 😀

Here‘s a picture of me so you can see my skin tone. If this isn’t the best color palette, what colors would you suggest I go with that will show up well on my skin? Another alternative for the turtle is green (tough this kind of turtle isn’t really green… )

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

In answer to your question it can be done but the results may not be as vibrant as you would like.

Many brown tattoos against darker pigment skin tend to look a little faded or can seem to be scar-like in some cases.

If you use a black outline and and black n grey shade the natural colour of your skin will fill in much of the colour of the turtle.

For your skin type you would need colours like deep red, purples or dark blues to show up well against the skin.

Speak with a pro artist who has experience in your skin type (not just any artist who will say yes because they want the money).

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.