doug3761
Participant
@doug3761

I am considering getting this design on my chest near by collar bone (above my heart), about 1.5 inches in height. This is my own design, based loosely on another I found online. I’m also including a crude sketch I drew on my leg to help me get an idea of how it might look on skin (don’t laugh)!

Since I’ve been staring at it for so long, I would like to hear what people have to say before I commit to its permanence as a tattoo! It is intended to represent my love of music. Is it immediately obvious that the heart has on headphones and is listening to music?

Any comments, especially criticisms, would be great! I should also mention that I’m a guy. Thanks!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Yes, it’s quite easily recognizable as a heart with headphones on, and I actually like that concept. The white border around the blue is a definite must. I fear the size though… how small are you going to go? The white might just disappear in a few years.

Personally I’m more fond of the larger/more insulated headphones and would choose such for my own tattoo, and maybe add some notes ‘floating up’ from the headphones.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba
ArniVidar;59267 wrote:
Yes, it’s quite easily recognizable as a heart with headphones on, and I actually like that concept. The white border around the blue is a definite must. I fear the size though… how small are you going to go? The white might just disappear in a few years.

Personally I’m more fond of the larger/more insulated headphones and would choose such for my own tattoo, and maybe add some notes ‘floating up’ from the headphones.

^This^

But personally I don’t find the quote necessary.

And yeah, I immediately recognized the point of the picture before I even read your post.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Jubakuba;59289 wrote:
But personally I don’t find the quote necessary.

Huh? What do you mean?

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Fuck me…
I thought you said “quotes” rather than “notes.”

This seems to be a recurring problem in the mornings.
I work graveyards…so I’m completely delirious at this point.

My apologies.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Jubakuba;59291 wrote:
Fuck me…

Is that an offer? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Jubakuba;59291 wrote:
I thought you said “quotes” rather than “notes.”

Ah, gotcha. ๐Ÿ™‚

The notes are definitely not necessary, but I’d consider it to emphasize that the music is flowing right now… although I couldn’t say for sure what I think about it unless I’d drawn it up of course. It might well just take away from the simplicity of the concept.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

arni im pretty sure Jubakuba a dude ๐Ÿ˜€ unless thats what floats your boat ๐Ÿ˜‰

anyways i thought i had posted a comment on this thread but its not here :rolleyes:

i personally find the tattoo design to look a bit childish like the type of tattoo someone would get for their 1st and will want it covered up within less than a year .
and although i do not like stereotyping but that tattoo design would also work better on a girl ..

you could do a lot more with the idea of head phones on a heart especially if you want to place it on your chest possibly over your heart !!

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Butterfly_Kisses;59298 wrote:
arni im pretty sure Jubakuba a dude ๐Ÿ˜€ unless thats what floats your boat ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh? What’s with the cutie in the pic then? Can I sue for fraud? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

:p

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

Aww and you changed your pic to your best pulling photo too ๐Ÿ˜€

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Butterfly_Kisses;59302 wrote:
Aww and you changed your pic to your best pulling photo too ๐Ÿ˜€

LOL!!

My pic hasn’t worked since I joined the groups, and me talking about someone’s pic reminded me to fix it. Pure coincidence.

Honest! ๐Ÿ˜€

doug3761
Participant
@doug3761

Thank you for the comments and I appreciate the honesty! It gives me a little bit more to think about!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.