ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

I know, this is annoying, but can you help?

I live way out in the middle of nowhere, and I’d love a guesstimate on how long this piece would take. Link to image: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4711/bsmofocopy.jpg

Just to make myself more annoying, here are s’more details: there would also be 4 lines to a poem thrown in, which I’ll write down below, in small letters– not too obvious. The dandelion has a longer stem and is about 6 inches tall and would be on my lower back. The birds are small and wrap around from my lower back to my ribs in front, and the raven would be about 4 inches long & on my sternum.

Lines of poem:
I want to think again of dangerous and noble things
I want to be light and frolicsome
I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing
As though I had wings

Any guesstimates? I can’t even tell if it’s closer to an hour or 5 ๐Ÿ™ I’m sure no one appreciates these questions, but I live a long way from a parlour, and I want to know if I *might* come close to affording it the next time I’m in the city. Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚ !!

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

1- Like I tell every person who posts before properly introducing themselves to the forums; please introduce yourself to us, why? Because it’s just something nice we do here.

2-These forums were made for interacting, and helping others with questions; so you aren’t being annoying and they questions are appreciated!:D

3- Something like that should take less than 2 or 2 and half hours… Personally for something like that design, I couldn’t see it being any more than $300 with a tip.

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Sorry! I’m new to the whole forum thing, but I guess if I were to walk into a room looking for answers, I’d know better, eh? I’m guessing there’s an appropriate place for that, so I’ll go find it ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks a bunch for your response. I’m super excited to start on this piece, but it’s been 10 years since I had any work done, so I’m not so good at estimating times! Annnnd, I’m poor. Anyways, thanks a lot ๐Ÿ™‚

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

You’d probably have to pump up the size. Unfortunately with tattoos, the older they get, the more they stretch and fade. If the birds are too small, they’ll run the risk of turning into ugly black blobs somewhere down the track. Same sort of principle goes for the poem, if the writing is too small.
Umm, for a guess about the time, I’d say about three hours. You’d have to check how much the local shops charge per hour.

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Thanks! Yea, I’m still working on the design… I was thinking the lil birds would be 1-2 inches long… still too small? Might wreck it to make ’em bigger. I’ll keep working & post a pic if I ever get the design nailed down enough to bring in to an artist ๐Ÿ˜‰

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

1-2 inches should be fine ๐Ÿ™‚
I’m not an artist, so don’t take my word as law either.

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Lmao, no I appreciate it. I remember when I got my first piece; the artist was like “nooo, bigger… noooo still bigger!” What he really should have said was “oh no. Not that.” lol.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
ebiegirl;56220 wrote:
Lmao, no I appreciate it. I remember when I got my first piece; the artist was like “nooo, bigger… noooo still bigger!” What he really should have said was “oh no. Not that.” lol.

My artist was the opposite –
‘This big?’
‘No, bigger’

Sent him back like three times haha ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome

For the whole piece I would say be prepared for 4 hours to include breaks. If you have to trvael I would suggest booking the whole day from work etc as you will want travel and recovery time.

Size wise it will be better for bigger as discussed and 2″ is better than 1″ but depends on how big you want to go. However I would say against going smaller than 1″ due to blur.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.