uglyface
@

i have a tattoo i want to get which would completely cover the bottom of both feet
that wouldnt be a problem would it? even though the bottoms of feet are very callused and shed skin really fast.

vaggerbond
Participant
@vaggerbond

Hey,

I’m definitley not an expert however I have read that tattoo’s on the bottom of your feet and the palms of your hands come off quite quickly. Due to the reason you stated – shedding of skin quickly. I also read since they’re extremely sensitive areas and that they hurt a lot to tattoo!

I’m sure someone a lot more experienced and knows their stuff will comment and let you know 100%.

Jessie

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Unless you’re in a wheelchair, it ain’t gonna work.
They won’t heal properly because they’ll rub on your shoes, your weight will probably push a lot of ink out, they won’t get a chance to scab over or anything like that, just cos they’re on the soles of your feet.
that’s just the healing stage too, if you somehow managed to get through that, you’d need the tattoo to be touched up yearly.
Just not a good idea in general.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

ouch ive always thought it wasnt possible to do soles of feet, it would hurt like hell and like joker said it wouldnt heal very well. x

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

you would be lucky to get a year out of that tattoo

flying eyeball tattoo
Participant
@flying-eyeball-tattoo

I tried tattooing the bottom of a client’s foot once early in my career. He had alot of prior ink in various places from other artists and myself, alot of it was very large work. He was able to endure all of it fairly well even in painful areas. Except his feet. He was unable to withstand the pain working on the bottom of his foot more than 30 hectic minutes. He was unable to sit still for almost all of it. What he wanted was a tattoo of a squashed bumblebee, entrails hanging out, the works. He ended up with just an outline. 6 months later, it had all disappeared except for a few spotted reminders of the experience. I won’t make the attempt ever again and I don’t recommend anyone else trying it

archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

I had a small cross tattoo on the palm side of my middle finger, and it didn’t even last a year. I would imagine that the bottom of the foot would go even faster

wby300
Participant
@wby300

Ive got one on the instep of my foot its been there for 20+ years done it myself with a home made tattoo gun and indian ink:o (young an stupid) LOL.
th_SNC00146.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

I’m to picky about my feet.

If you do try it, personally, you’d be wasting money

xuhohitssarx
Participant
@xuhohitssarx

Most tattoo artists won’t tattoo the bottoms of feet. They know that the skin sheds quickly and the healing wouldn’t be like any other.
I wouldn’t recommend it, plus it would be a lot of pain.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.