izzie123
@

Hey,
I’m dying to get a small swallow tattoo on the inside of my wrist but I’m wondering how much its gonna hurt…i have really bony wrists- will this make it more or less painful?
I’ve had a tattoo on my lower back and this didn’t hurt at all… Any answers are much appreciated! ๐Ÿ™‚

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Hi, izzie, I have tattoos on the inside of my wrists and to be fair they weren’t painful at all………….oh, and welcome to the forum!

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

My wrist tattoos didnt hurt much at all either its a little more sensitive the closer you get to hand though in my opinion. x

Pjuma
Participant
@pjuma

mine did hurt but bareble i have also really small wrists, i do think it matters but not sure, i never had much fat on my body so i realy cant say.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

mine didnt hurt at all really , i went to the shop thinking it would :rolleyes:
it did swell up alot but went down after a day

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

My sister has a swallow on the inside of her wrist.
Personally, I found it bearable, by no means was it an overly painful tattoo. I think you’ll find the one on your lower back would have hurt more.

maleficia
Participant
@maleficia

I got my first tattoo on my lower back. it took 2 hours and I can honestly say it was almost pain free. My next tattoo i got on the inside of my wrist. This took half an hour and was quite painful. It wasnt unbearable but I definitely felt it a lot more than my back tattoo. Go to someone who has done alot of tattoos in that area. My tattooist absolutely ruined mine and i got quite bad blow out, but (as with all tattoo’s) if you get it done by a good artist it will be fine. good luck with the tattoo,,,,,,,,

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I’ve tattooed the inside of my wrist. I’m a pretty tiny girl, there is no fat there whatsoever.
When he went just across my vains(mine kinda stands out.. ), it was awful. One of the most painful places I’ve had tattooed. After a couple hours everything hurt, but this one started to hurt quite quickly. But I wonder if there was something up with my body at the time, ’cause I started bleeding a lot after only an hour, and it usually takes three-four hours, at least! Mine only took about hour and a half, so it never got too bad. I didn’t start crying, but it hurt ๐Ÿ˜›

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

@vizzielover 53176 wrote:

Hi, izzie, I have tattoos on the inside of my wrists and to be fair they weren’t painful at all

I take back the previous comment……………..just had a some flowers and a little butterfly added around the script on my wrist and it bloody well hurt! I went in not expecting much pain at all and boy was I disappointed! I had it done on Friday last week and my whole wrist has throbbed all week and has been really sore, I feel like a right wuss as my other, larger tats weren’t nearly as sore. The tattoo itself is just what I wanted and I’m sure I’ll love once it’s healed but right now I can’t stand to touch it, what a big baby! And, I still need the other wrist doing…………….

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I have both my wrists tattooed, and for me they hurt like hell. Very unpleasent sensation around those areas. However, i should say that im a guy, so it might be the complete opposite for you!

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

c’mon they all hurt, but to be very honnest with you every girl i have worked on their wrists has said how the pain was not as bad as they expected…. its not a very painful place at all, and dont even worry about the veins……. they are much deeper under the skin than they look ๐Ÿ˜‰

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover
Outlaw;55780 wrote:
c’mon they all hurt, but to be very honnest with you every girl i have worked on their wrists has said how the pain was not as bad as they expected…. its not a very painful place at all, and dont even worry about the veins……. they are much deeper under the skin than they look ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just had my other wrist done yesterday and not too bad at all. The problem with my last one is solved, it got infected and has been really sore. My tattooist is going to touch it up once it has healed, it’s now 11 days since it was done and it is still red and inflamed around the edges……………………..my own fault, I went mucking out horses and didn’t cover it up, must have got some dirt in it somewhere. That will just teach me a lesson about keeping things covered.

And yes Outlaw, you are absolutely right, they do all hurt, just some a bit more than others, and we all have different pain thresholds too, all those who can sit for hours really have my admiration, the longest I have sat for is about an hour. Planning my next one for after Christmas………………getting my finances in order first!

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

My longest sitting was nine hours. Including the wrist. And honestly, I though the wrist was worse than expected!! :p
But I expected to feel hardly anything at all…

pain is very individual. I think the elbow was painful as hell, but still not so painful that I started to cry or anything like that :p
It hurts, but you get through it ๐Ÿ™‚

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
poxphobia;56299 wrote:
My longest sitting was nine hours. Including the wrist. And honestly, I though the wrist was worse than expected!! :p
But I expected to feel hardly anything at all…

pain is very individual. I think the elbow was painful as hell, but still not so painful that I started to cry or anything like that :p
It hurts, but you get through it ๐Ÿ™‚

I can already tell the crease on the inside of the elbow is going to burn like a motherf***er. The elbow itself wasn’t too bad, the shader hasn’t gone near it yet though :p

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Joker, the crook of the elbow does burn like a mother…..but its one of the “grin and bare it” things.

My wrist tatts didn’t hurt…actually, they tickled. But then again I tend to fall asleep when being tattooed so who am I to say?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.