bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee

As mentioned up in another thread, my husbands last tattoo has gone a little “wonky”… thought I’d post here instead of hijacking the thread.

A few months ago my husband had his first tattoo. It took a lot longer then mine to heal (usually 2-3 weeks), about 4-5 weeks, but healed very nicely, with the usual flaking.

Now, his second, this time a colour tattoo, it looked “lumpy” on some parts (eyes) the day it was done. Picture taken the day after it was done:
00a1.jpg

After that the eyes scabbed over (we have been doing the same aftercare on this one as my previous ones, and my husbands previous tattoo), and the scab on one side fell off, and the green ink had dissappeared. This picture taken a few days ago (sorry about the flash), you can see where one scab has fallen off, and also the scab on the other eye), now the other scab has also fallen off, with the green gone.
00a2.jpg

Is this usual? We don’t look at it as a problem, as we know the tattooist will fix it (if hubby wants to), but was wondering if this is something that occurs often. I haven’t had any coloured ink done, so don’t really have anything to compare it with.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

it looks like the artist had trouble getting the ink into the skin and has overworked the area…
when you say your doing the same aftercare then let us know what you are actually doing to it each day and how often please… 😉

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee
Outlaw;52990 wrote:
it looks like the artist had trouble getting the ink into the skin and has overworked the area…

Ah… so I cannot really blame the green then? lol!

Used the “baby’s bottom” (can’t remember what it’s called, in a grey big tub anyway) cream for the first few days (before bed, getting up and after bath), and now use unscented babylotion. Hubby has a bath each day, but never soaks it. Other then that I have been doing a lot of pointing and laughing at the scabs, and a lot of swearing the first few days when we ended up with an imprint of the cat on the bedsheets each night… but doubt if that would have helped much. ROFL!

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Its sudocrem in the grey tube…I thought you werent meant to use it though because it dries the skin rather than moisturising it.x

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

your not supposed to use sudocrem, germolene or E45….. as they all pull out the colour..
what did the artist advise????

im sure it wont be what your doing ! 4-5 weeks is way too long for normal healing, it should only take 5-10 days for the surface to be healed and then upto 6 weeks all in for the deep layers to be healed as well

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Sounds like the aftercare. I’ve always had great results with A&D and after three days switching to unscented Lubriderm. Keep us posted when he gets it touched up.

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee
Outlaw;53000 wrote:
what did the artist advise????

Artist advised bepanthen (spelling?), but as I’ve done what mentioned above three times before (for me, and once for hubby), with quick healing (for me) and perfect outcome we thought we’d stick with what we know.

Yes, hubbys first tattoo took forever to heal. Mine have all been completely healed within 3 weeks (last one I had done as completely healed within a forthnight). This one seems to be healing quicker (2 weeks, a bit of flaking left… apart from one of the eyes which look like it will take atleast another week).

Not certain whether hubby wants the eyes re-touched, as he was in a bit of pain when the eyes were done in the first place… but if he does, then I’ll show the result. Luckily the real life cat has changing eyes, which can go from beige, to yellow, to light orange to green… so hubbys skin colour is fine. Did really like it with the green eyes though…

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Sounds like a dual problem of the skin being overworked producing a heavy scab, but adding sudocream to it is like rubbing the scab with sandpaper it just pulls the pigment out of the skin. If it is a heavy scab it is very easy to pull the pigment along with it.

Green often contains a lot of oxides that need some serious tlc to remain within the dermis as the body tries really hard to flush it.

My advice is try a different artist on the eye reshade and then just use non-scented after a few days of light antiseptic application.

Take Care
Matthew

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee
Sherav;53020 wrote:
Hi
adding sudocream to it is like rubbing the scab with sandpaper

Ouch! I’ll have to remember not doing that for the one I’m getting at the back of my knee… which seems to be a bit more of a problem then thought… I have to call to book it… *mutters some swearwords* So much more prefer e-mails.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.