superduper
Participant
@superduper

Hey guys, I’ve finally decided on my first tattoo and decided to go with the following design:

eyebacktattoo.jpg

I just find the design and placement of it quite top of the pops. Anyways, I have a dark (brown) skin tone and will be doing the design in black. Estimating the size and detail of the tattoo, how much do you think it would run me in US dollars? Cheers.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Awesome tattoo, you’d have to go to a reputable artist to pull it off though.
I’d say because of the detail it’s probably up to ten hours work there(?).
$100 an hour, you’re probably looking at a grand my friend, might see some change from it.

superduper
Participant
@superduper

Thanks for the reply m8. I assumed it would be in the thousand dollar range because of the detailing but I definitely forgot a thousand dollars means somewhere between 7-10 hours. Cheers on the info, I`ll definitely take it to a tattoo shop soon.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

It’s a rough guess, I’m a little stumped myself at how long it would take. It’s not a massive tattoo, but the detail is phenomenal.

dine
Participant
@dine

With respect to that fantastic work, and yourself, that’s already on someone, if you know what I mean. It looks amazing, but if I were spending that much, and I have spent near enough on one, I’d like something unique. Don’t get me wrong it’s gorgeous and I totally know why you want it, it’s something I’d wear myself and I’m probably not articulating this properly. I’d like to make my own of it somehow.

superduper
Participant
@superduper
dine;52812 wrote:
With respect to that fantastic work, and yourself, that’s already on someone, if you know what I mean. It looks amazing, but if I were spending that much, and I have spent near enough on one, I’d like something unique. Don’t get me wrong it’s gorgeous and I totally know why you want it, it’s something I’d wear myself and I’m probably not articulating this properly. I’d like to make my own of it somehow.

I understand exactly what you’re saying. I’m mainly in love with the idea and placement. The eye that I’ll be using as a reference will be that of a close friend of mine. She has really beautiful eyes but other than that, I just think it’s perfect.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

eyes Freak me out !

what country are you in ? in the uk i know a few shops you could get it done that good for about 300 – 400

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

In the USA you are talking in the $700 to $1000 range I would reckon between 6-8 hours depending on depth of detail.

Very nice concept if you are are in California (and are happy to travel) I know of several artists who could tackle it no problem.

Take Care
Matthew

superduper
Participant
@superduper

Although I stated I wanted the price in USD I’m actually Canadian living in Vancouver at the moment. I don’t mind throwing down a few for this wonderful tattoo but if anyone has a reccomendation for an artist that can work with this kind of detail in Vancouver, please let me know. Thank you for the responses.

edit:

I might be in LA for the winter break (1 and .5 weeks) and if I can get it done then, that’d be awesome as well but that’s an IF*

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I like it. I live in the southeast US. I spend $120/hr for a great artist. I would expect you would pay as much in Cali. Should not be hard to find someone out on the west coast. The US mags always feature some quality work from out that way. I would recommend a run to the bookstore and pick a few up. As said earlier, I would expect 7-8 hrs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.