bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee

Hi. *tips hat*

I already got 3 three tattoos, so not new to tattoos. However, I would like to get a tattoo behind my knee (ouch! Expecting that one to be painful) to hide a prominent blue vein. I wouldn’t expect it to be a varicose vein, as I’ve always had it (don’t those come with age?), but it’s wide and protrudes slightly.

Have done some googleing, and have found that most tattoo artists don’t have a problem with tattooing similar veins, but that the pigment sometimes won’t stay as there might be a lot of bleeding.

So, question is this. Has anyone had a tattoo on top of a similar vein? How did it turn out? How is the pain compared to “normal” skin (as it’s behind the knee I’m expecting a lot of pain anyway)? And for those that inks – would it be advised?

Thank you.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i would not think they is any problem going over it . tattoos are not done that deep!
you can see and feel veins on writs and no ones had any problems .

and that includes my own wrist

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

No you will not have a problem with the actual tattoo but the main thing you have to make sure there is no constriction within the vein of blood vein.

This is usually where it is really painful to touch with your finger and takes ages to fill back up again.

Bleeding should not be so bad but it can be slightly higher as you have some very thick veins that pump blood from the femural artery up and down your legs.

As long as the tattooist is not gouging your leg it should be ok.

Touch ups are fairly common as the back of the knees get a lot of friction and rubbing which can cause the ink to pull out.

Also there is a lot of strain on this area muscle wise so best to lay off sports for at least a week to 10 days.

Depending on the darkness of the ink it will help shadow/camo the vein but will not stop it from showing entirely.
Take Care
Matthew

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee
Sherav;52668 wrote:
Also there is a lot of strain on this area muscle wise so best to lay off sports for at least a week to 10 days.

ROFL! My idea of sport would be to watch a horror film where some sporting guy or half naked cheerleader gets killed. *giggles madly*

Thanks guys!

Nope, there’s no pain when touching the vein, Matthew… it’s only a pain in the behind for me, as it’m always aware of it, and thus only wear mini skirts with tick tights or alternativly skirts that goes below the knee.

Now all I need is an idea for a tattoo that will look pretty behind the knee! (This is not a planned tattoo as my others, and I also got two more planned, but I don’t think a portrait of one of my cats will look too good behind the knee) Possibly some flower pattern or something that can hide it easily, without being too big or bold, but still look nice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.