sink
Participant
@sink

hi, i have a question about this picture:

http://i34.tinypic.com/10z046x.jpg

its from robert crumb’s illustrated kafka biography. while browsing through it a few days ago i decided that i want the right part of this pic (only kafka with the hands on his ears) on the rear back of my upper arm near the shoulder.

my question is: is this possible at all? i am especially worried about the shading, which is just a couple of stripes and lines. will it work the way its on the page?
it isn’t very big, maybe 2-2 1/2 inches

sorry about the english, not my main language. it would also be my first tattoo.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

no !!

it is posible to do but it wouldnt last the trials of time and would look horrible after a short time.
the shading coild not be done in the way that the pen and ink line drawing has been done.
if you go for normal tattoo shading then it would be better.

just my 2 pennies worth

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

As stated the outline is possible but the shading would need to be altered to a more solid fill or drop shade rather than jagged lines.

The lines would blur into a lumpy mess if you tried to copy it exactly.

My advice is take the picture to an experienced artist who will be able to interpret it properly for you.

Also remember the bigger a tattoo the more detail you can get into it without blur worries. Too small and it will not work as well.

Take Care
Matthew

sink
Participant
@sink

thanks for the fast replies. well, that sucks. i’m going to do as you advised and take it to an artist, but i am a little worried how recognizable it will be with more tattoo like shading. i am not talking about the motive but the style, crumb not kafka.

Louise Taylor
Participant
@louise-taylor

@sink 52217 wrote:

hi, i have a question about this picture:

http://i34.tinypic.com/10z046x.jpg

its from robert crumb’s illustrated kafka biography. while browsing through it a few days ago i decided that i want the right part of this pic (only kafka with the hands on his ears) on the rear back of my upper arm near the shoulder.

my question is: is this possible at all?

Hi, I’m new here, my names Wayne. Anything’s possible, you just need an artist who won’t ‘um’ and ‘ah’ when you show them (making sure you’ve seen their portfolio ofcourse). If he/she says take a seat, you’ve found your artist.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.