Rooodie
Participant
@rooodie

I was thinking about getting a tattoo and had a couple concerns. Here is my idea: I want to get a tattoo of my family crest. My family crest looks old or I guess outdated and not so modern/appealing to the eye so I was wondering if there was any way to modernize it or make it look better/cooler. My idea is to have a tattoo of a tree with my family crest carved into the trunk on my right outer arm. I want the top of the tree with the leaves to start at my shoulder and then have the trunk extend down my bicep area and then have the roots of the tree extend down to a little past my elbow so you will be able to see the roots when I have a shirt on. I have attached pictures of some tree roots I like, a couple pictures of trees I thought I might want the tattoo designed around and then finally a picture of my family crest. Please write back with any comments or suggestions.

Thank you!

20286309.jpg

elm.jpg

ScottsPineblackandwhite.jpg

tree.jpg

JamesRussom
Participant
@jamesrussom

You need it be a back piece if you want to have the crest carved in it.Due too the detail it wouldnt make a difference whether it were there or not if its done too small because you’d have no room to make it visible.However big the trunk is matters on how much room to fit something like a crest so think about that .

Rooodie
Participant
@rooodie

Hmm this is a good point. This might change my whole idea because I don’t want a tattoo on my back just yet…

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

In total agreement something that complex with a full family crest would need a full chest or back otherwise it will become cramped and end up looking like a blobby mess.

Have you considered having a tree trunk cut so the face (where the rings are) is showing and having the family motto carved into wood?

Would take up less room.

Take Care
Matthew

JamesRussom
Participant
@jamesrussom

wrap the roots around a crest that sounds like everyone would be happy.Your artist wont look away into the distance ,thinking on how the hell he can talk You out of this one.

Rooodie
Participant
@rooodie

Hmm you might have something there…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.