SweetyStacey
Participant
@sweetystacey

Hi I’m prone to keloids, I’ve got a tattoo on my ankle and one on my wrist and so far, nothing.was just wondering if anyone has aqquired keloid scarring on their tattoos, if so where?

Stacey

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

hi stacey ,

If you are probe to keloid scaring i would really not push your luck anymore .
I have a friend of a friend thats tattoo is just a big blob because of scaring !!

the choice is yours but i wouldn’t personally take the risk

SweetyStacey
Participant
@sweetystacey

yeah i’m probably being silly, but im only basing it on how i got my keloids, which was due to big holes being made in my skin rather than cuts or whatever, ive had injections and nothing has happened. i wouldn’t get anything pierced as that is a permanent open hole.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

keloids are more prone with piercings rather than tattoo’s, basically it is caused by trauma to the skin, they can even be caused by alling over and scraping yourself on the ground..

to be honnest with you, if you have had a tattoo before and nothing went wrng then it is more likely that you will be ok with any more….. just make sure you go to a pro as a kitchen magician might go too deep and cause them..

good luck in your choice either way;)

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

ive turned someone down that was prone to keiloids, just didnt want to take the risk.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Keloids usually ioccur with significant impact on skin damage eg deep wounds or if they get infected or you repeatedly pick the scabs off keeping the wound open for longer.

That said a small percentage are susceptible to keloid scarring even from minor wounds and/ore pigment rejection.

Personally it is not a risk I would take.

If you ahve a look at my piece of scarification on my blog a bit more info there.

Take Care
Matthew

SweetyStacey
Participant
@sweetystacey

I have to agree with Matthew and Outlaw. Every keloid i have is from acne which left big holes initially and then grew into keloids. I’ve had an extremely big cut on my skin before and it’s just a normal scar. I wouldn’t get a piercing cause like u said, it’s an open wound permanently. Tattoos are holes in the skin but 1. they are smaller and 2. the heal over. But they do say that keloids are more prone on certain areas of the body ie mid torso, so i definately wouldn’t take the chance of getting a tattoo near where i have keloids already.

I asked my tattooist about keloids and he said u are more likely to get them with the colouring/shading if at all.

Stacey

JamesRussom
Participant
@jamesrussom

I have only seen keloid scarring when the tattoo was done too deep .Seen other tattoo artist’s outlines and shading produce scarring so it depends on how its applied,because I have been told this by people and I never had a keloid show up in my tattooing that I was ever aware of? I just let people and their dr.do the judging on what I can and cant do.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.