SweetyStacey
Participant
@sweetystacey

Hey guys, i’m pretty new to tattoos. Got two so far and im already planning on my next one. The two I have are fairly small and simple and I want a piece of art next. I know I want something oriental. I have various pieces that I want included but I have no clue of how to assemble them together. I want an oriental fan, either cherry blossoms or lilys, some kanji and maybe some bamboo or foilage.

Any help appreciated, thanks, Stacey xx

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You can always get the a trad water scene with the lillies floating on the water and cherry tree with falling blossoms done as the image spreading across the open fan.

These make great tattoos.

Take Care
Matthew

SweetyStacey
Participant
@sweetystacey

Hmm sounds quite good, you mean like the water scene inside the fan? I’ve always wanted something with a background too, maybe like a sunset behind the fan??

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Yes you could have the main image within the fan and then always add background to the fan itself.

I have seen some done with rising/setting suns being held by a geisha or demon, floating in clouds or the best one I saw was the fan was actually shaped to form the wings of a giant butterfly.

That was ultra feminine with a lot of flowers and clouds surrounding it.

Take Care
Matthew

SweetyStacey
Participant
@sweetystacey

yep yep, that sounds great, liking it already, thing is i’m wanting it on my hip..i dont mean the boney bit but the fleshy bit at the side, would that be big enough?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Well depending on the amount of detail bigger = better.

That said many simple japanese designs focus on 1-2 elements so yes should be ok as long as you don’t cram too much into a small area.

Take Care
Matthew

SweetyStacey
Participant
@sweetystacey

Thanks Matthew, great help 🙂

Stacey

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.