MissP83
    Participant
    @missp83

ok so i have yet another tattoo idea – but i’m kind of hung up on where to get it. because most of my family is highly religious i get my tattoos in areas that can be covered easily by clothing out of respect for them. however, i’m starting to run out of large canvases and i have a large tattoo i would like to have done. MG6.jpg
    the ideal placing of course would be my back. however i have a tribal across my shoulders – the only tattoo i regret – and would like to get it covered with this one but a few artists have said it isn’t possible because the current tattoo is so dark and large. any suggestions on placing would be greatly appreciated.

in the picture there is the fake tribal around the entire image – i plan to omit that when i have the tattoo done. however the words will be placed under the image.

any input would be outstanding!
    thank you in advance
    paula

DONSINNER
    Participant
    @donsinner

thigh would be my suggestion…

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

what large areas have you already got done ??

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

If the tribal is across your shoulders can you not use this as a top border and incorporate the design into it?

You could have ivy leaves, barb wire, death lillies (these are like normal lilles but tend to have more jagged edges and sometimes fanged stamen) or anything you want really wrapping around the tribal and then around the edges forming a portrait edge.

My advice is if you cannot cover a tattoo or afford a replacement then try and use what you have incorporating it into your knew ink.

I like the design and I am sure a pro artist can mesh it together.

Otherwise you are looking (as suggested) at thigh area.

Take Care
    matthew

MissP83
    Participant
    @missp83

the thigh was actually my other thought – since i have something on my left one i was thinking about evening it out and putting this on my right one (don’t ask. it’s an OCD thing). my only worry is that there isn’t enough room on the thigh for all the details to be done properly. and i like the idea of using the tribal as a border of sorts but its so large. in the middle it dips down towards the center of my back so i’m not sure how it would look. there’s an image of it in my pics if you want to see what i mean.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

have you got a pic of your back ? it might work but if its a big dip it could make it look distorted

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

It could work by having the tribal wrapping across the surface of the moon and maybe some small tendrils of tribal flowing from the bottom of the moon to link outwards with an outer border made of tribal.

It would mean dropping the figures down towards your lower spine and just above the waistband but that would just emphasise the dark moon rising.

Take Care
    Matthew

MissP83
    Participant
    @missp83

that does sound like a great idea!!!! i’m going to go see my artist later this week and talk to him about drawing it up. thank you all for the great idea!!
    paula

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.