SimplyComplex
    Participant
    @simplycomplex

I knew it wouldn’t be hard to find a forum for this! lol.

I lack creative friends so I need advice from someone else. A little about me is needed to understand what I want. I’m very much the “good girl”. Don’t do anything bad, always been conservative, and get too scared to get into any trouble. Now, thats just what most people see. Inside, in secret, and with people I trust, they know I’m not like that really. So I want to get a tat expressing the more wild, naughty side of me. I found this picture in a magazine

photo-1.jpg

And thats exactly where I want mine to be. Its somewhere thats almost always hidden unless I want you to see it. I want mine to be smaller than her’s though (I’m really scared of the pain!!). I have found a couple of pictures online and traced them together and came up with this (just quickly snapped with my phone)

photo3-1.jpg

Oh, one of my nicknames with people close to me is kitty btw. I really like that, but its not 100% what I want. Its still too… innocent? nice? I want something more risque. Something I’d be afraid to show in church if that makes sense lol. Anyway, anyone have any ideas what I could do?

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

I have 2 nice pieces of flash for you. I will PM them to you as they are just a little risque, and not sure how the staff will appreciate that here.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

It’s definitely way too cute for what you’re going for. It screams sorority girl who wants her sisters to think she’s bad without getting any of the repercussions of having tattoos.

I’m not knocking you–the concept’s good, I just don’t think this particular design does it. Have you considered getting a pin up girl modeled on yourself, perhaps wearing cat ears and a cat tail?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

SimplyComplex
    Participant
    @simplycomplex
    Injun;48032 wrote:
    I have 2 nice pieces of flash for you. I will PM them to you as they are just a little risque, and not sure how the staff will appreciate that here.

Thanks

KnightHawk;48033 wrote:
    It’s definitely way too cute for what you’re going for. It screams sorority girl who wants her sisters to think she’s bad without getting any of the repercussions of having tattoos.

I’m not knocking you–the concept’s good, I just don’t think this particular design does it. Have you considered getting a pin up girl modeled on yourself, perhaps wearing cat ears and a cat tail?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Yeah, I agree with what you’re saying, but not sure what to do about it. I have considered pin-up girls, but just don’t like them. I don’t like pictures of people for almost any sort of art unless you can’t see their face. Other wise its too specific usually, if that makes sense?

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

If it’s the face that’s the problem, you could have her back to the viewer, glancing over her shoulder with most of her face covered by her hair, maybe all you see is an eye.

I’ll keep thinking on this for you.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

SimplyComplex
    Participant
    @simplycomplex
    KnightHawk;48035 wrote:
    If it’s the face that’s the problem, you could have her back to the viewer, glancing over her shoulder with most of her face covered by her hair, maybe all you see is an eye.

I’ll keep thinking on this for you.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

True, I’ve never seen one like that though…

The flash that was sent wasn’t bad. Too anime though. I also hate anime btw lol.

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Here is one that I sent here in PM. It is a bit of a Pin up.

KittyClothed.jpg

The other piece I sent was the same one without the clothing. I just did a quick add in on Paint to put clothes on the pattern.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    SimplyComplex;48036 wrote:
    True, I’ve never seen one like that though…

That’s why you get a tattoo artist to draw it up for you if you like the idea. No offense to Injun, but people who get flash work are looked down upon because using flash proves you’ve put no thought whatsoever into your ink, that you don’t take it seriously. Custom work is the thing, and, honestly, I think it’s more what you’re looking for anyway.

I’ll still try to come up with something else in the bubble bath tonight.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

that flash of the girl with cats ears could do with a little tattoo on the top of her thigh 😉

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

too true. I agree with you KH. The biggest problem with Flash, is you will mots likely see someone someday with the same ink. However I was posting this as for some ideas where she may go with something along those lines. If she did do something likethis, the tat on the thigh is a great idea as to how to personalize it some more. From her last post, you can see that she wouldn’t use this one anyway. “I also hate anime btw lol.”

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

I will give it some thought – could do a little more info on what your tastes are tattoo style wise.

In the meantime here is a little tattooed pussy for you all to enjoy!

😉

http://www.remotecontrolcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/shaved-cat-tattoo.jpg

Take Care
    Matthew

Phat_Goddess
    Participant
    @phat_goddess

Thumb_1038_ac_bucknaughtkit.jpg
    sexy_vectorpack_ss.jpg

What about a sexy silhouette with either cat tail & ears, or just like lingerie & thigh highs in a different color kind of like the 2nd image’s 2nd pic?

and I just thought this pic was so funny lol
    6387.jpg

SimplyComplex
    Participant
    @simplycomplex
    Phat_Goddess;48116 wrote:
    and I just thought this pic was so funny lol
    6387.jpg

that is too funny!

The other thing I’m worried about is if there’s too much detail it will be blurry and ugly in 10 years….

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

The detail depends on the size. Pigments have come a long way in the years.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Injun is right synthetic pigments certainly hold up much better than say 20-30 years ago.
    The main thing with a tattoo is that some amount of blurring is going to occur.
    If you try and cram too much detail into too small a space it will merge and blur into a blob.

If you keep the fine detail well spaced and give the tattoo plenty of room this is a minimal risk.

I really liked the kinky hello kitty – great pic.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.