Midnight87
    Participant
    @midnight87

hi all!!

i have this idea in my head for ages and ages but i’m not artistic enough to put it on paper and design it the way i want it. I don’t know if the end result would look good as a tattoo (although that is the plan for this idea) so I wanna get it drawn out first without booking in an appointment to get it done etc..

Is anyone who’s artistic or a tattooist willing to help me put my idea down on paper?? I’m willing to pay (although of course free help is always welcome) for the work (reasonable rates of course)

I would normally go to a tattooist and ask but then cause I’m not sure about how it would look on paper (always looks awesome in your mind though), I don’t know if he/she will do it if I just ask him/her to draw the design??

so, ideas anyone on what i can do? or help offered to draw?

-DMD-
    Participant
    @dmd

whats the idea?
    tell us and we might just be able to help you out

Midnight87
    Participant
    @midnight87

well I plan to make this a side/rib piece depending on the size…

i plan on having a guardian angel (female) but possibly with dragon-like wings instead of feathery ones (unfortunately i have to take a look at how it looks to decide). the angel should be obviously feminine and not one of those scary/evil looking ones … i’m in between stances at the moment.. definitely standing but I’m not sure the pose yet.. either a guarding-ish pose or a feminine pose.. i’d have her wear a armour (i saw a good one that i think would be a good base for the design – not copy- but i have to go searching for it again), nothing too bulky, long hair, but i’m not sure if i want to put her hair up or not.. i do like the wind blown-ish type look.

she’ll have a dragon at her feet (western dragon).. curled around the feet again in a guarding pose.. erm.. so the head and the tail facing forward and the back kinda behind her feet kinda pose.. i’m picky with dragons so i suppose I’d have to have a talk with whoever wants to help me… i’m half a mind to put a collar on the dragon but don’t know if it’ll ruin the look (in my mind it looks good but dunno how it’ll look on paper)..

also behind the angel, kinda in the background, there would be a couple flying silhouettes of dragons (western again). both angel and dragon would be among flowers/grassy plain but nothing too fancy.. and i have been looking at some tattoos which gave me the idea of having them under a tree?? (tree off to one side of course so the flying dragons would still be in the design)

i plan to incorporate a couple of protection runes into the tattoo whether it be on the wings of the dragon or the angel’s armour i’m still unsure..

the whole design would be kinda under the feeling of guarding me from harm/evil and the guardian angel would be kinda like the dragon keeper kinda thing etc (thus the dragon wings on her) so like she’s in charge of them and holding a sense of power over them but not one that would suffocate their freedom.. just more of respect etc.

I’m wondering if there’s a design like this out there because although i’ve been tweaking the idea around in my head for ages, i might have gotten the basis of it from seeing a picture/tattoo somewhere when i was younger and forgot about it? I hope not.. i really want this piece to be unique to me

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

sounds like a nice tattoo idea , i would suggest going into a trusted tattoo shop and letting them design something for you because you seem clear on your idea.

good luck
    Tana

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

That will make a great tattoo and I have seen many variations of the guardian angel theme and they work well with a pro artist.

For the wings this might inspire (I love this artist’s work)

http://art.thehomeofjon.net/2008/09/19/angels-and-demons-reflection/

He also has a number of female guardian angels – and he does not mind ppl using them for tattoo inspiration looking across his boards – he even has examples of his work being used in tattoos.

Take care
    Matthew

Midnight87
    Participant
    @midnight87

awesome artist!

wak
    Participant
    @wak

Ahhhh… now I understand the post about female armour ๐Ÿ™‚

Good Luck.

Midnight87
    Participant
    @midnight87
    wak;45539 wrote:
    Ahhhh… now I understand the post about female armour ๐Ÿ™‚

Good Luck.

lol.. sorry.. made you confused?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

so what is your idea for a tattoo ? did i miss it in another thread ?

Midnight87
    Participant
    @midnight87
    Butterfly_Kisses;45558 wrote:
    so what is your idea for a tattoo ? did i miss it in another thread ?

the idea is posted above ๐Ÿ™‚ and no you didn’t miss it in the other thread.. i just thought i would make up a new topic to specifically look for female armor inspiration.. i found it quite hard to find the kind i’m looking for..

now to look for inspiration for the grass/flowers.. hmm.. lol

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Ahhh now i understand ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.