Diabolical
    Participant
    @diabolical

Do temporary tattoo’s really exist, like 3-5year one’s?

From what ive heard, they last about 4 years then take about 6 months to ‘break up’ then the skin looks like it did before

Wiki says – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_tattoo#Semi-permanent_tattoos

Anyone got any experience with them / know anything about them / know anyone with one?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

I have heard of that type of ink before but never heard of a tattoo shop actually using it.
    im sure it fades but doesnt go quite back to how your skin was before you had it done.
    leaves patches and marks.

If you are worried you will not like a tattoo longer than a few years i would suggest not getting one done 😀

Tana
    ƸӜƷ

Diabolical
    Participant
    @diabolical

Apparently its called a ‘pigment tattoo’, its where the needle doesnt go as deep in the skin so it breaks down sooner

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Diabolical

Yes they do exist no I do not suggest you get one for several reasons;

1. There is no regulation on the dye that the artist can use. It could be a form of veg dye (some of which can be toxic unless the artist knows what they are doing) or could be permanent tattoo ink.

2. It would take a very pro artist to know what depth to goto on your skin this would have to be in the 3rd dermal layer any deeper and it remains permanent.

3. These sort of tattoos often remain partially in the skin leaving scars, blobs, dots and poorly done outlines.

My advice is have temp ones done in forms of henna or body paints as used in films.

Or go for a perm tattoo.

If you think that you might not want a tattoo for the rest of your life don’t do it. Nobody will care if you don’t have ink.

Take Care
    Matthew

PS

I do get a lot of msgs/emails of people asking me for the recipe on the veg dyes that can fade out. I will not hand this info out because if this shit goes wrong you can end up scarred for life. Also in the six people I have known use it only 1 had a total fade out – the rest did a fresh (perm) tattoo over the scar outline.

Diabolical
    Participant
    @diabolical

About henna, a few friends have told me that its scared on?

Presuming its safe if done by a professional, and its white henna thats the dangerous one isnt it?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

It is black henna you have to watch for it can cause blistering and scarring and is not henna at all as it is foten mixed with kerosene and hair dye products.

Natural henna is often an orange/light brown/brown mixture.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

natural henna also only lasts about a week .
    they are ways of getting it to look darker on your skin by rubbing oils on your skin 1st but it will still only be an orangy brown .

when i was with my ex i would re henna my hands every friday and it would stink the house out for longer than the henna actually lasted on my skin. :rolleyes:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.