Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Hey everyone,
    I’m looking to start a full back-piece in the coming months (no rush), but I’m looking for some inspiration. It’s going to be the japanese style back-piece (from the back of the knees up), but I want to steer away from the actual japanese style of tattoos (koi, samurai, etc…). The problem here is I’ve got a Native American piece on my left shoulder-blade, and I don’t want to continue on that theme for a whole back-piece. Anyone got any ideas of what will work well with what I’ve already got? I’m a sucker for colours too 🙂

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

Half body suit? not in a Japanese style?

Do you have an artist in mind?

In NYC you will find artists that just do “#34 off the wall please” and you have guys that only work full body suits etc

let us know

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

You could call it that. Like starting just above the back of the knees, going up to the nape of the neck without touching the arms. I’m in Australia, got an artist in mind, visiting him next weekend while a mate gets a jester piece on his leg finished off. His speciality and favourite thing to do is freehand japanese tattoos. I’m not a big fan of just getting something off the wall, I like to have original ink 🙂

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

back_piece_tattoos_1.jpg

Like that, but down to the back of the knees.
    I can’t do something like this though.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Joker

Have you considered a spirits/shamanistic or Conan style of back piece?

You could have a couple feminine of lesser spirits/demons wrapping around the legs (each leg could be placed on the back of your knee) rising up to the body and head of a warrior.

You could swap this around as you want and have bleeding lotus flowers etc.

If you narrow it down more as to what you like and dislike more than happy to help.

Take Care
    Matthew

Matthias
    Participant
    @matthias

check this out..this is what i’m going to do for my back piece.

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/mattxlustt/?action=view&current=futuretattoo-1.jpg

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

That sounds like a good idea Matt, the bleeding Lotus caught my attention

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.