skaterboy1993
    Participant
    @skaterboy1993

My name is Andrew, I am 16 years old. I want to get my first tattoo, my mom and dad both agreed to it…. I would like the tattoo to be somewhere on my arm partically on my upper arm so its not always visable, I dont want a huge tattoo. I was thinking of getting some sort of tribal tattoo like a tribal tiger or a tribal wolf. But if anybody has any other ideas i am open to them I would greatly appreciate you guys helping me 🙂

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Think before you get ink

skaterboy1993
    Participant
    @skaterboy1993

Does anybody have any suggestions or pics?

xander
    Participant
    @xander

try google images 😉 there are 1000s of pics on there
    just think long and hard b4 you go for it m8 its going to be there for life

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

If you type in tribal wolf or tiger on google images they will toss up several hundred images for you to look at and get an idea.

The main things to consider are this;

Tattooing is very addictive – do you really want to ruin the biggest canvas you have (your back)?

Also I am now in my 30’s and every person i know who got a tattoo between 14-18 has now had it covered up because they simply outgrew the tattoo as their tastes had changed.

You want a tattoo get one but think seriously hard on it as what is ‘cool’ in your teens and 20’s nay not be cool in your 30’s onwards.

Also women (not girls here but women 😉 ) do not dig shitty tattoos – you get inked you want it perfect and by a pro.

Take Care
    Matthew

skaterboy1993
    Participant
    @skaterboy1993

If I got the tattoo it wouldnt be a huge one. It would just be on my upper arm. Does anynodybody have any color suggestions? My dad has a tribal Tiger tattoo it looks like its crawling down his arm, the colors are red and black. I would want mine to be different.

Jez
    Participant
    @jez

Why not wait until you know what you want? What’s the rush?

Matthias
    Participant
    @matthias

Wait and do research.
    Print out pictures and show your friends.
    Do Hennas of it, and show your friends, see what they say.
    Act like it’s real, so they can give you some serious input.
    Don’t do big pieces, because your skin will grow, and they may stretch out and fade as you develop.

Kri
    Participant
    @kri

I couldn’t agree more – there is also a service where you can print the design you intend to get and iron it so you get a feeling how it is going to look, I recommend it

prcdpnthr
    Participant
    @prcdpnthr

Dude, slow down! I was 14 when I decided I wanted to get tattoos, but it took me 7 years to decide what I wanted to get for my first one. A friend of mine put it to me quite simply, he would have tattooed me at 16 if and only if I could tell him honestly how I would feel about what I wanted at age 80 and what would I say to my grandkids when they asked about it. He said my first tattoo should be truely meaningful, and something I could live with for the rest of my life. Anyhow, if you have thought long and hard about this and still want to do it at your tender age, I want to stress GO TO A REPUTABLE PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!! and I don’t recommend a tribal, for the simple fact that when you outgrow it, it will be much more difficult to cover. Since your name on here is SurferDude, then I take it you like the beach and surf stuff, maybe you can talk to a good artist and get them to do up a custom wave type design, I have seen some really nice partial sleeves of waves. And as a chick, yes chicks dig professional looking tats, jailhouse tats suck, major turnoff!

prcdpnthr
    Participant
    @prcdpnthr

oops sorry 😮 you are SkaterBoy, anyhow, waves are still cool.

a.wallett
    Participant
    @a-wallett

i totally agree with everyone telling you to wait and make sure. i rushed my first one, i ended up getting a music note on my wrist. and at of allo my tat its my leastr favorite because i went to a shop i didnt know anything about, and i still dont know the artists name who did it. and he messed it up. deff wait till you have something you know u really want and get to know a artist it makes the expenience way better. some times its better to wait 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.