d-scarlet
    Participant
    @d-scarlet

Hey guys, I’m a girl from Greece and I need some advice… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    I am going to cover my old and small tattoo, and get a large one instead, in order to fully cover the old one. I m a bit afraid. My tattoo artist said it’s going to take 3 hours.. What can I take?
    Please give me some options, because we don’t have the same drugs in Greece.
    I know: not aspirin, or ibuprofen. What about mesulid? lonarid? Help? Thanks!:rolleyes:

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi D-Scarlet

Mesulid is an anti-inflammatory drug which is part of the sulfonanilide group – this is the same effects of ibruprofen and can increase bleeding.It is also toxic to liver and kidnesy in high dosages.

Lonarid is the same drug as paracetamol (Acetaminophen)
    In a nut shell paracetamol may take a slight edge off but you would be risking your liver if you took enough to numb the pain from a tattoo.

I have nearly comepleted an ebook which covers this below is an extract about paracetamol;

Paracetamol (AKA Panadol, Effralgan, Doliprane, Lonarid)

Similar to aspirin in the effectiveness of pain relief paracetamol is one of the most popular prescription free painkillers available worldwide. The original drug was called Acetanilide but got off to a rocky start as early studies in the mid 1880โ€™s suggested that this substance was responsible for severe toxic effects that resulted in the body being unable to carry oxygen effectively around the body. This is known as cyanosis.

Following further research during the 1940โ€™s it was decided that the earlier findings were unfounded and by the mid 1950โ€™s paracetamol was marketed. It is now produced and consumed globally. This now is known as Acetaminophen.

Benefits
    Paracetamol is very effective at pain relief for moderate pain and is fast acting especially in liquid form, and can become active within 20-30 minutes and last for around 4 hours per dose. The effectiveness will vary from person to person. This is because each person is able to process the chemicals at differing rates. However it does not have the same gastric damage that can be sometimes caused by aspirin.

Drawbacks

The main drawback of paracetamol is that because it is activated in the liver it can result in organ failure quickly if consumed in too high a dosage. Liver failure is the most common result of a paracetamol overdose. This is because large amounts would be required to numb the pain totally of a tattoo.

Again there is no cure for an overdose other than a liver transplant.

Just have a good meal before hand plenty of water and a caffinated drink and you will fly through the tattoo drug free.

Take Care
    Matthew

d-scarlet
    Participant
    @d-scarlet

Thank you so much Matthew! But I have a question about mesulid: I have used it for acute dental pain, and menstrual pain, and i didn’t have side effects such as bleeding more. if it didnt cause extra bleeding then, why should it cause in a tattoo situation? Oh, dear!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

it does thin the blood out and that will cause you to bleed more, your body will try to act against the tattoo being done as it causes stress and trauma to the body. the bodies natural reaction id to pump copious ammounts of adrenaline around your boddy which will in effect raise your blood pressure, now with the blood pressure rising and the blood being thinned out, it will cause the area to bleed more.

dont take any drugs before the tattoo, just ensure you have a good meal between 30 and 60 minutes before the tattoo, make sure you have had a good sweet drink before going to the studio, and take a small bottle of sugar based fizzy drink such as coka-cola with you… dont use diet coke though..

the reason for the sugary drink is to keep your body’s sugar level topped up….

PLEASE NOTE THAT DIABETICS SHOULD TAKE PRECAUTIONS BEFORE HAVING TATTOO’S DONE..

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i take valium before mine mwahahahahaha:eek:

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    Izarrasink;41388 wrote:
    i take valium before mine mwahahahahaha:eek:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    just wake you up when its finished lol…. :p

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

As Outlaw said it raises blood pressure when getting a tattoo (body is under stress) and can thin the blood flow allowing more to come out.

The reason you don’t bleed more on a menstrual cycle is that there is actually there is a limited amount of blood involved the majority of it is womb lining and mucus that is akin to blood (which is added by the body as a carrier to exit the body with). The lining has the same colour and consistencey as blood on exit from the body.

That is why the bleeding is not increased with ibruporfen but would be if you used say aspirin based products as the blood vessels would expand allowing more blood to flush the womb whilst the process is going on.

Anyhow good luck with the tattoo. Post up when done.

Take Care
    Matthew

d-scarlet
    Participant
    @d-scarlet

thanks! my appointment is for the 23rd of June. So, there’s time!

Ross_W
    Participant
    @ross_w

Also, part of getting a tattoo is the pain. And you will feel much better knowing you went through with it despite the pain. Most people will say you are a “wuss” or a “panzy” for taking painkillers for the tattoo. Many people see it almost as.. cheating, ya know?

Besides, painkillers are pretty ineffective at blocking the pain of a tattoo anyway. I was on Tylenol 3 while getting a tattoo done (had an infected tooth), and i didnt feel any relief.

d-scarlet
    Participant
    @d-scarlet

or so u think! ๐Ÿ˜›

d-scarlet
    Participant
    @d-scarlet

hmm…. what about lexotanil? half one?? i m too chicken, and i already have one!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi D-Scarlet

Just go in there and relax – you don’t need any drugs and after the intial couple of mins you will be sailing high on natural endorphins anyway.

If I can get inked anybody on this planet can. ๐Ÿ˜€

All of these drugs belong to sulphinide family and they are no use in tattoo pain you would have to swallow a bucket load to get any real numbing effect and then your liver would collapse.

Take Care
    Matthew

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey D-Scarlet, Dont you have a tat2 already ? how painful was that one ? if your tolerance to pain is low then maybe a numbing cream, no pills required, no bleeding problems no after effects, if you have high tolerance then it doesn’t matter. good luck Hoani

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

or…at the risk of sounding chauvinistic maybe you should just toughen up…and go hard..woohaaah..Hoani

d-scarlet
    Participant
    @d-scarlet

๐Ÿ˜› thanks anyway

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.