lynnynott
    Participant
    @lynnynott

After much deliberation, I have decided to get this phrase put under my ankle. What’s your opinion of it? And if you have any experience with this location, how bad is it going to hurt? It’s my first, so I’m pretty nervous, but I know I want to do this. Only problem is that I need to convince my dad of the idea. Any help/advice? Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    http://i40.tinypic.com/5d3yu0.jpg

**I love this phrase. It’s something my grandpa and mom have always told me and I’m finally old enough to appreciate it’s significance.

LAP13
    Participant
    @lap13

Nice.

Afraid I can’t offer advice on where you having it as not got one there and no expert. (cue the resident experts…) ๐Ÿ™‚

If it’s something you are really sure about then its a real buzz and although nervous, very exciting!

As for your Dad, my folks were dubious – nothing bad and they acknowledge the fact that I’m old enough to decide and they couldn’t ‘tell’ me what to do.
    I talked it through, reassured them and told them that I wanted them to know before I had it done (it was booked) rather than find out after.

They accepted it and once sure I was sure were ok. My Mum even said she liked it ๐Ÿ˜€

Good luck with it

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Well I think it will make a lovely tattoo and that single sentence sums up a hell of a lot of wisdom.

To break it down since it is your first tattoo;

Will it hurt ?- Yes. That bsaid the pain is never as bad as the mind’s eye makes it out to be. That sort of tattoo is not going to take long and after the first 5 mins you will settle into it.

The pain will be cat scratch upwards but may pinch more as you are going over abony area. You won’t be chuckling but doubtful you will be screaming either. :p

Placement – here is something to consider – do you want it to show on your wedding day or graduation formal night out etc?

If you are worried about public opinion I would suggest across the bridge of the foot rather than the ankle as easier to cover. Also it makes a nice bit of space for the text.

If not worried then go for the ankle.

Family is always a tough one – my family hate my tattoos with a venom but they still love me. After a while they eased off slightly and I tend to keep them covered when i visit – it is no big deal.

Your dad is probably coming to terms that you are a grown woman now (I am going through the same issue with my daughter ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

From a father’s perspective we will love our daughters no matter what they do. Just be honest with him.

Good luck.

Take Care
    Matthew

lynnynott
    Participant
    @lynnynott

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ I wrote my dad a letter about the whole thing and received one in response. Luckily, he’s okay with it; however, he will be disappointed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.