JLebek
    Participant
    @jlebek

Hi there!
    I’m a 21 year old guy from dnemark, and I need some opinions about the tattoo i’m thinking about getting..
    In order to fully understand my tattoo, you will need a short story.
    It all started a few years ago, when i was really depressed, everything went wrong for me, my parents split up, i had to move to a new city, and leave all my friends behind, and i felt that i had no family, and was all alone in the world. Then i got myself a new job, where i met the best friends i could ever have wished for, but i was still depressed over the things that happened in my life..
    One time, i met this guy at a bar, we were both pretty drunk, but he seemed like a nice guy, so we talked back and forth about life, and i told him about my life, and explained to him how i tried to kill myself a while back, and he told me the most inspiring words i’ve ever heard; If you have no love, no family and no friends, then you can kill yourself.. But if you have just one of those things, your life is worth working on.

So i thought about getting a tattoo of a phoenix (to symbolize that i’ve overcome some major challenges in my life) holding a banner that says “Love, Friends, Family”..
    I read some stuff about the internet, that phoenixes are higly unusual for a man to be “wearing”, and might even be a little feminine? but what do you think?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi JLebek

First of all welcome to the forum.

Who says that phoenixes are just for women?
    I know several men who have them and they are far from feminine in their inking.

Art is art – you could have any image made masculine or feminine. An experienced artist will know how to make the tattoo suit the individual.

It sounds like a great idea for a tattoo and if you want any links for inspiration let me know.

Take Care
    Matthew

Shamwow
    Participant
    @shamwow

The tattoo is yours forget what others think. I had to respond because I’m getting my first tattoo in the next week or two and it’s a phoenix hahah.

Helsinki Harlot
    Participant
    @helsinki-harlot

Go for it!
    Especially if it’s a symbol of your resolve to yourself.
    No one else really has to get it to be honest.
    I’m getting a similar one the moment I’m happy with the design, and when I finish it, I will debate it with no one. Usually when I get my tattoo’s I will ask my guy’s opinion on it, what will look good 20 years from now, and what designs transfer well onto the body and where I want to put it. But certain things carry more weight and I don’t think you should compromise that if it’s a little “feminine” in most people’s eyes.
    Your story, your skin. You make the call.
    Good luck man!

JLebek
    Participant
    @jlebek

Thanks a lot for the feedback, i’ve settled with a design with a phoenix, and i’m looking forward to being “painted” 🙂

Charlie888
    Participant
    @charlie888

Sounds like a good idea. A friend of mine (female – but not important) had a pheonix on her back and neck. It is one of the best tattoo designs I have seen. Really great colour.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I’ve seen heaps of phoenixes on guys, not feminine in my opinion.

It’s like being named Shannon or Cameron, guys and girls can have it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.